2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed some Lamin-x on the headlights, tail lights, side markers and rear reflectors. Below is the part numbers I ordered to do this and purchased all from Lamin-x.com. I also purchased from them door cups, door edge guards, rear bumper guard and a invisible bug guard but it’s optically clear and you can’t see it in photos. It protects the paint from scratches.

Okay, so onto the lights. I used 3M knifeless tape to cut the film so I wouldn’t put a blade to the lights. It worked really well. I did Red on the white LED strip on the headlights and their Charcoal color (darkest) on the tail lights, side markers and reflectors.

Part # TL123 Is the 3M knifeless tape (30 feet)

Part # 1-1832R is the red for for the headlights. Note: I cut in half to give me two 9” x 32” sheets

Part # 2-1224C is the Charcoal for the tail lights.
Note: If you measure and cut it right it will leave you spare scraps for the markers.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help

Attachments

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
202 Posts
Installed some Lamin-x on the headlights, tail lights, side markers and rear reflectors. Below is the part numbers I ordered to do this and purchased all from Lamin-x.com. I also purchased from them door cups, door edge guards, rear bumper guard and a invisible bug guard but it’s optically clear and you can’t see it in photos. It protects the paint from scratches.

Okay, so onto the lights. I used 3M knifeless tape to cut the film so I wouldn’t put a blade to the lights. It worked really well. I did Red on the white LED strip on the headlights and their Charcoal color (darkest) on the tail lights, side markers and reflectors.

Part # TL123 Is the 3M knifeless tape (30 feet)

Part # 1-1832R is the red for for the headlights. Note: I cut in half to give me two 9” x 32” sheets

Part # 2-1224C is the Charcoal for the tail lights.
Note: If you measure and cut it right it will leave you spare scraps for the markers.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help
Hate to say this, but that seems pretty dangerous! Red is used for tail lights only. People are going to thing you're driving in reverse! 😂

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love the modification. Especially the rear tail lights! looks very racetrack like, similar to other mopars.

I was thinking of installing an LED strip along the same place in the front that you have lit up red. the LED strip would be programmable by phone and would be able to change between red green and blue or any combination in between.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hate to say this, but that seems pretty dangerous! Red is used for tail lights only. People are going to thing you're driving in reverse! 😂
I did. Had this alfa A in a Jeep Renegade I thought was driving backward in the opposite lane until I passed him. ALL the front lights were red including the headlights. It was freaking confusing trying to figure out why the red lights were so bright and coming really fast in the opposite direction. It really POed me.

Reactions: VelvetRedAWD

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Reactions: VelvetRedAWD

·
Registered
225 Posts
It would turn heads if parked in a lineup of cars that have the same idea. Owners clubs of modified cars and such. Then back to normal when the night is done. Having a light behind the grill may be acceptable as it isn't a major modification perhaps?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I asked a police officer here before doing it and I was told it was fine as long as the light is not strobing. I know all states are different. Luckily here in Ga it’s laid back and we don’t even have inspections. It’s a film so it can always be easily removed. It definitely turns heads, even in the day time

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, when the headlights are on at night, it drowns out the red. Someone would have to have pretty bright reverses lights if you thought they were coming at you in reverse. SMH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts