2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 gas-model Chrysler Pacifica. The second row seats are the easy tilt model. They have a pull handle on the back of the shoulder area that is supposed to allow the seat to release and tilt forward for easy access to the back seat. On the passenger side, the pull handle is completely stuck. I can pull on the handle, and it doesn't move forward at all. (It worked fine for several months, but not now). If I pull on it any harder, I feel like it will break. It's like the cable is caught, but I have no idea where to start looking to assess the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have a 2017 gas-model Chrysler Pacifica. The second row seats are the easy tilt model. They have a pull handle on the back of the shoulder area that is supposed to allow the seat to release and tilt forward for easy access to the back seat. On the passenger side, the pull handle is completely stuck. I can pull on the handle, and it doesn't move forward at all. (It worked fine for several months, but not now). If I pull on it any harder, I feel like it will break. It's like the cable is caught, but I have no idea where to start looking to assess the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
If your Pacifica is still under warranty, take it to the dealership. I know its time consuming, but I don't remember seeing that problem coming up on the Forum before. Maybe another member can come up with some diagrams.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Check the bottom front outside corner where it hinges to the floor. The release cable is attached via a plastic cap which can break. Same thing happened to me and I was able to re-secure it temporarily until I can get around to getting into the dealer for a more permanent fix. Wish I had a picture to show you but the attached gives you an idea of where to look.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had the strap on the 2nd row passenger seat that wouldn't release the seat all the way for it to fold into the floor.

You had to slap the seat back with your hand hard several times for it to completely collapse.

A quick trip to the dealer when they did one of the recalls and it works like new.....

I have the best dealer for service.... Myrtle Beach Chrysler Jeep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to hear some people are having positive experiences. I just took mine to the WORST DEALER - Leith Chrysler Dodge in Cary, NC. I had five open recalls on my van and took it in last week, they did some of the recalls but needed some parts. When I got it back, the third row Stow and go no longer worked. I took it in this morning I mentioned this and they said they weren't anywhere near the third row (although one of the recalls involves the second row center console), and that it would cost me $180 just for them to look at the car, not fix, just look. He said it was probably electrical when I reminded him that my van has manual stow and go, and he said that would be even harder and the cost would likely be more. What a rip off. We didn't buy from this dealership because we thought they seemed incompetent - well this helps support my instinct. Looks like I will be doing this repair myself, thanks for leading me to a possible solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts