2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a battery issue that required my 2019 Pacifica Limited to be jump started to get running. This Pacifica has been converted into a wheelchair accessible vehicle.

The jump started vehicle brought on at least two additional issues:

First, an instrument panel service light came on that indicates, "Service Stop/Start System Warning Light."

Second, the climate control system no longer functions. It simply won't power on. If you go to the Climate tab on the screen it simply says, "Climate Off." There is an "on" button on the screen, but depressing it does nothing.

Prior to the battery issue there was zero problems with the vehicle.

I do have a service appointment set for next week, but wanted to get some ideas of what I might be getting into.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
668 Posts
Sounds like one or both of your batteries may need replacement. The Stop/Start message could indicate your auxiliary battery may need replacing. And if that battery has failed, it has probably dragged down your main battery, as shown by the need to boost it. When the main battery is failing, you can see numerous strange behaviours with the electronics in the vehicle.

Let us know what you find after the service appointment.

Reactions: thclimer

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L (built 9/2017)
413 Posts
I recently had a battery issue that required my 2019 Pacifica Limited to be jump started to get running. This Pacifica has been converted into a wheelchair accessible vehicle.

The jump started vehicle brought on at least two additional issues:

First, an instrument panel service light came on that indicates, "Service Stop/Start System Warning Light."

Second, the climate control system no longer functions. It simply won't power on. If you go to the Climate tab on the screen it simply says, "Climate Off." There is an "on" button on the screen, but depressing it does nothing.

Prior to the battery issue there was zero problems with the vehicle.

I do have a service appointment set for next week, but wanted to get some ideas of what I might be getting into.

Thank you!
Get both batteries checked as others have already suggested. Have aftermarket (not OEM Mopar) batteries installed if possible.

You can temporarily pull fuses F76 and F56A/F56B for a minute or so to reset the Uconnect screen and the HVAC modules. This worked earlier this week for someone else who was having the exact same issue under the same circumstances. They recently needed a jump start shortly before their climate control wouldn't turn on just like you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your response.

F56A/F56B?

I only see F56 and not separate F56A and F56B fuses. Or am I being dense?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L (built 9/2017)
413 Posts
Thank you for your response.

F56A/F56B?

I only see F56 and not separate F56A and F56B fuses. Or am I being dense?
F56 is the same fuse slot. The owners manual divides it up into F56A and F56B because each of these circuits have the same power source, but share the same fuse. The fuse used in this slot is actually two fuses in one physical form factor. It has three terminals instead of two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fuse solution did not work for me.

The dealership called and said they replaced both batteries and it's good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts