2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front page of chrysler.com shows a promo called Employee Pricing Plus at the Black Friday Sales event advertising $4361 below MSRP. Anyone know if these promotional $$ actually make it to buyer making a real difference in price beyond the typical discounts. Or is this just another sales gimmick for the periodic <insert your holiday> event?

Was planning to wait till next spring to buy a minivan so wondering if it is worth it to get much sooner than needed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The front page of chrysler.com shows a promo called Employee Pricing Plus at the Black Friday Sales event advertising $4361 below MSRP. Anyone know if these promotional $$ actually make it to buyer making a real difference in price beyond the typical discounts. Or is this just another sales gimmick for the periodic <insert your holiday> event?

Was planning to wait till next spring to buy a minivan so wondering if it is worth it to get much sooner than needed.
Well. It works with a formula. I can't know exactly how the numbers are processed in your area. The current Employee Pricing is on Jeeps around here.

The profit is set at 2% of dealer cost. So they earn more or less depending the price of the van (and the customer save more or less too.). The "Preferred Price" is printed on the factory invoice and is $25 more than the Dealership Employee Price/Dealer Cost. (The price for FCA employees is listed in the invoice at $700 under dealer cost and is usually called the Holdback amount.) Our rules state the customer needs to initial the PREF line when you see the factory invoice to prove the price as what it should be. Now you know the starting price. Any discounts or after-tax rebates can now be applied and lower the price under dealer cost. The dealer is reimbursed for the discounts and rebates and paid 2% of the dealer cost.

The customer is responsible for any add-ons. That is where you need to watch prices for 3M wraps or over priced floor mats compensating for the gap between normal profits and 2%. Administration or Documentation fees may change value too.

So. The price is controlled and probably pretty firm. Try to find out about possible Loyalty Awards or Discount Certificates. Also since you have some time before a purchase, ask about price protection on the current incentives. Put in a factory order and order only what you want and get the best discount. Use the Preferred Pricing once the van is built and delivered to the dealership OR apply that current months discount programs. It really gives you the best options.

It might not be exactly the same rules but in general I think the Preferred programs are controlled and limited in profit. Free stuff may be withheld.

That's my take on those FCA programs. I dislike abusing the Black Friday term. It doesn't mean anything to me as a Canadian. Our classic THE BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR was the Boxing Day Sale. For ONE day after Xmas day. No week long sales. Return what you didn't want or can't use and go get what you want the day after you receive it. ON SALE! :D Thanks folks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The last time I bought new off the lot was in February of 2006 and it was a red Town & Country. It died the end of July this year after 225k miles.

:(

Anyway .. we had a friend who worked at the St. Louis assembly plant who gave us an "employee code". The finance manager told me that when they get an employee code, the haggling stops and price that is printed on whatever they call the paper (factory invoice I assume as indicated by jerith) is the price it is sold at. Once that conversation was over then it was on to close the deal by saying no a millions times to useless "tire and rim" protection plans et al.

:)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I’ve found that buying from volume selling dealerships as better deals than any sales gimmick by a given dealership or factory (employee pricing excluded).

·
Registered
328 Posts
I’ve found that buying from volume selling dealerships as better deals than any sales gimmick by a given dealership or factory (employee pricing excluded).
That is how I got my NEW hybrid limited for 38,280.00 out the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts