2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 hybrid pinnacle Crystal black -1/28 built
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How frequently do we need to change Engine and Cabin air filter ?

I had my first oil change @8,200 miles and technician recommended to replace both filters. They quoted approx. $90 to replace both including labor charge.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not accusing your dealership but most of them press the customer to change both of these because there’s a hight profit margin on them. Frankly, given your low miles, I’d bet that was the case. If you’re at all handy with cars, you’ll save a lot purchasing them elsewhere and changing them yourself. And by the way, look in your owners manual for recommended change intervals. If your mileage was mostly in Electric mode, your engine air filter was probably like new.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
373 Posts
How frequently do we need to change Engine and Cabin air filter ?

I had my first oil change @8,200 miles and technician recommended to replace both filters. They quoted approx. $90 to replace both including labor charge.
That's an attempt to take your money. They should be replaced as needed, generally the easiest being 15,000 miles and as long as 30,000. Some of that depends on how and were you drive etc.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Hybrid
56 Posts
I change the cabin filter once a year.. tho the last two years, it's been every 6 months due to the fires around here. We get alot of dust and lately, a lot of ash :/ so basing the cleanliness on milage for me is just dumb. Same goes for the ICE air filter. One evacuation through the ash clouds will ruin the filters. So it really depends on the use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.