2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L, Granite Crystal Metallic (manufacture date 1-17)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Issue #1: Last week I had two days where the van took a long time to turn over during two startups. 5 seconds for the starter to catch and start. I had both batteries replaced in April. Not sure if issue #1 has anything to do with issue #2.
Issue # 2: Today I was driving my kids to school, ten miles away on a county road driving 55mph and about halfway there the van is shuddering, the Check Engine light illuminates and warning chime dings as well as the ESS light in yellow. The engine feels like it is not running on all cylinders. Checked transmission fluid temp and it was 87 degrees. Getting into town, stopping at stop signs it feels like it will die, but does not. Had turned off the ESS before getting into town. Dropped off my kids, turned off the van. Restarted after about 5 minutes and still have the check engine light. I opened the hood and could visually see that the engine was vibrating more. No messages have popped up on the message center. Felt underpowered. Had it towed to the dealership I bought it from to see if my AUL contract will cover the repair. Mileage is 66990 or close to that. Dealer cannot get it in until Oct 20 and it is not a Chrysler dealer, but I bought the van used at the dealership which offered the service contract.

Suggestions from my fellow owners? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it used in January this year with only 54000 miles on it. Carfax did not indicate any powertrain issues nor maintenance other than routine items. This is my first Chrysler vehicle with the 3.6L and 9 speed auto. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
If it ends up being a block, valve train, or head gasket problem be sure to report they find to:
This is how recalls get, extra service coverages, and potential future reimbursments get started.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I’d go to a Chrysler dealership and see the in service date of it as well as anything interms of repairs , recalls , tsb, etc . Problem is don’t know who owned it or how the history of it was . You could be looking at bad plugs , a possible coil pack , a cat cov , etc . Driving habits , gas used , maintenance , etc will always come into play sooner or later in ownership . When you obtain the in service date you’ll see your warranty coverage and cutoff .

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,462 Posts
The first step in the diagnostics is to get the codes generated for the check engine light. That should give an indication of what the problem is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I know so far: cylinder 1 misfire. Replacing spark plug and coil. I talked to the dealership today and that was the diagnosed issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts