2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'll hit the push button, it will say it's in ON status, however I cannot go into any gear. The car really isn't on. The engine light is on, and solidly lit. I'll hit the push button and it won't turn off. The only "fix" I can find is to walk away from the car with my key fob, and grab another key fob. I'll use that one for a couple weeks, and then it will happen again. Seems to be resolved once I put in a new battery in the fob. However, the key fob battery seems to die quickly, and then after a few weeks, the issue happens again. I've taken it to the dealership and they have suggested it's the immobilizer not detecting the key fob when the battery is low. Okay, well, why are the key fobs draining the battery so quickly?

The secondary issue is when I hit the push button to turn OFF the vehicle, it just goes in to ACC. So, I have to hit the button twice more to get it to OFF position.

2021 Hybrid Pacifica Limited. Started noticing issues at 3k miles.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
So what does the shifter indicator indicate as far as solid or blinking ? And is the indicator for the shifter lit up when you push the ignition button , I also assume you can’t rotate or move the indicator out of park .

·
Registered
265 Posts
If I understand this... You enter the door and the interior, dash, and all the dash lights light up to show you that none are burnt out. The engine is still off. If you close the door the interior light timer starts. The ignition is still off. If you wait perhaps 45 seconds the driver info and interior lights may shut down. Pressing the ignition button once turns on the accessory mode. Everything will boot up. The radio and everything. You press the ignition button again and it turns 'ON' but the engine didn't try to start due to the brakes not being held down. While 'ON' the engine light may on stay on until you hold the brake and press the ignition again. Until the engine is running the transmission handle will be locked into parked mode.

If you have added any -bling- into the interior please inspect to see if the accessory is blocking the FOB signal. No neat ring that fits around the ignition button? I can think of so many issues that could be investigated. Next time the battery seems to have died, hold the FOB right overtop of the start button and try it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts