2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Engine Lost Power - High Consuption

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ThisSuckersElectrical 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
My Pacifica had a problem with the camshaft sensor (Problem P0016), engine had the sound like 30yrs old tractor with no power. After the sensor was replaced it seems everything was solved down. I drove about 150km (app. 100mil), stopped by the traffic lights, and the engine low down rpm to 500rpm/h - the whole vehicle was freeky shaking. Green light - when I pressed the accelerator the engine "chocked" for a moment and then with the less power I left the cross... . The sound of the engine was not that bad as before discovered problem P0016 but I felt that the there is something wrong with the engine. The consumption increased about 25% more than usually (normally same trips 11.5L/100km max., now 15.3L/100km ... sorry to write you in metric numbers). The diagnostic of the official service shows "0" problems. The engine run 99800km (65000mil).
I changed the gasoline. But the problem persist.
Is there any other related sensor to the camshaft sensor which should be replaced as well? Or need to reset the software somehow?
Do you have any idea?
Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Marian

#2 · (Edited)
Sounded like a 30-year-old tractor? That ain't good. Timing problems can damage valves and pistons. Physical holes knocked in them and burn throughs. Go simplest first. Checked for fouled or damaged plugs. If that looks good, you should have a compression test done while the plugs are out. If that comes back good, the cam phasers, cams, rockers arms, and lash adjusters will need to be inspected. If those are good while rare, it could be possible the timing chain jumped.

Plugged injectors could cause this too. Bad petrol, diesel put in the wrong ground tanks at a petrol station. (yes it happens) Someone doesn't like you and put sugar in the tank.

Plugged up catalytic converters can cause problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.