2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Paciifica with over 50K miles, I bought it as an ex rental vehicle last year, hence the high milage. Recently I started to notice the ESS was not working, didn't really care as I don't like this feature. Then my remote start wouldn't always work. Over the weekend I twice had to get the van jumped as the battery was dead. I got the main battery replaced 2 days ago and the ESS started working again. Today on my drive to work the ESS didn't function at all. I'm starting to wonder if I should replace the aux battery also?

My GPS also shows that I'm in Indiana, I live in Charleston SC! I tried to perform the soft reset on the GPS but had no luck, I just keep turning off the radio.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,150 Posts
When one battery on the Pacifica fails, because the two are physically connected, the second battery will also fail if the bad battery is not replaced immediately. So now that you replaced the main battery, at the very least you need to get the aux battery checked. I would bet that it too is bad as your ESS had not worked for some time now. Don't wait too long, or a bad aux battery can ruin your new main battery fairly quickly.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We were in a similar boat last year with our retired rental Pacifica. You really do have to replace the batteries as a pair, as if one is bad most likely the other one is compromised. We went an entire month after replacing the auxiliary battery last summer before the warning message came back. I immediately replaced the main battery and haven't had a problem since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts