2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring Trim
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2021 pacifica hybrid touring trim that randomly charges outside the scheduled EV charging times and fails to charge during the correct times. I've noticed that clock on the dashboard is randomly out-of-sync with the clock on the uconnect radio and the incorrect charging behavior seems to be related to the incorrect dashboard clock time.

I have found that any change to the clock settings on the radio will force the dash clock to sync immediately, but often within an hour or two it is out of sync again.

This trim level of the pachy has no cell network modem or GPS reciver, which would automatically set the clock from network time. I wonder if this problem is specific to this trim level.

It costs us about 4x as much to charge outside of the scheduled times because of Time Of Use pricing. Would really like to be able to trust it to charge at the scheduled times so I won't have to go outside every night after 11 pm to plug-in my new Pachy.

I took it to the dealer and they were able to reproduce the issue. They kept if for a week and told me they opened a case with Chrysler Engineering and to take it home while I wait for them to create a software fix.

When I followed up a few weeks later, the dealer said they don't have a fix and they have seen two other vehicles in their shop with the same problem. They said the issue is related to STAR case 101876090, but I can't find any information on STAR cases online.

Anyone else have this issue or recieve a software update that fixes it?

My UConnect Build Number is FCA-MY21.R16.28-PROD

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
723 Posts
Unreliable scheduled charging has been an ongoing problem ever since the 2018 model year. The 2017s did not have the problem. I had hoped that the 2021s with their updated UConnect head units would solve the problem, but I guess not. You would think that after three years Chrysler would have been able to fix this. Some people disable and reenable the charging schedule every two or three days and that seems to make it work. Others give up on the built-in scheduler and use an external one. If you are using the level 1 charger that came with the car then you can plug it in to a Wemo smart plug or something similar and use that to do the scheduling. If you don't already have a level 2 charger and are considering buying one then get either the ChargePoint or the JuiceBox. I have the ChargePoint and the scheduling works really well.

·
Registered
2020 Pac Hybrid Limited, Tech Pkg
247 Posts
Same issues with our 2020 limited and TOU. So, I went with the expensive workaround: got a 40amp juice box; no issues since.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have never had problems with my charging schedule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts