2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello minivaners

I'm looking to purchase a Pacifica but I located 2 leaks on a possible purchase from an auction. One leak is at the exhaust which looks like water and the other is a leak at the front center which seems to be oil. I'm not sure what part the 2nd leak is coming from so if anyone can help me out with identifying it that would be great (see pictures). The auction won't help me with identifying these so I came here for help and I'm not sure if I should walk away from this vehicle or pursue it. It's a 2017 Pacifica Limited with 12,000 km (7500 miles) so I'm not sure if this would be covered under the manufactures warranty or not. Would these leaks be a big fix and how much would this cost if it's not covered under warranty?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Since I see heat shielding, I believe both are exhaust. The first 2 are the muffler, the second 2 are the cat converter.
The water dripping from muffler is normal - I cannot guess what would come from a cat converter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply DoninDel.
I returned the following day and both pools had evaporated leaving me to believe that both leaks were water. I know a little bit of water from the exhaust is normal but the amount that pooled seemed suspect of some other condition. Maybe I'm just paranoid but my other vehicles don't do this at all. Anyways I didn't end up purchasing this vehicle at the auction, it went to an online bidder slightly above the reserve price, so I'm still shopping around for a Pacifica.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts