2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for new tires for my 09 caravan and my 17 pac ( upgrading to bigger wheels on the pac ). Does anyone have any experience with these tire brands if so please share.

Nankang , lexani , lionhart.

There are super cheap tires and have nothing but good reviews on google so I’m just curious if anyone has run these ?

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I’m looking for new tires for my 09 caravan and my 17 pac ( upgrading to bigger wheels on the pac ). Does anyone have any experience with these tire brands if so please share.

There are super cheap tires and have nothing but good reviews on google so I’m just curious if anyone has run these ?
I am running Lexani LX twenty and have to say I am very impressed by the performance so far. Far smoother and quieter than the Bridgestones they replaced.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles you have on them?

I am running Lexani LX twenty and have to say I am very impressed by the performance so far. Far smoother and quieter than the Bridgestones they replaced.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use Continental's on about everything I own. Very pleased with them so far. Always quiet, great grip, long wearing. Well worth the money IMO.

Had Extreme Contact DWS on my 11 DGC , had ~35,000 miles on them when i sold it recently, they had TONS of life left

Extreme Contact on my PAC, ~6,000 miles on them, still look new, tracks great, handles amazing (can't wait for the drop springs)

Extreme Contact DW on my RS, have about 6,000 miles on them, look new still

Crosscontact LX20 Ecoplus (large suv tire) on my 04 Wrangler Rubicon (I don't off-road, mainly cruise with the kids, around 500 miles a year) they raised my mileage on it from 12-15mpg to 15-18mpg, have about 2,000 miles on them and they as well look new, these def make the jeep twitchier than the Goodyear "off-road" monster tires that came on it; I assume from the short wheelbase and narrow track. I got used to it, and now I like them a lot. It was hard to find an on road tire to match the width and height of the factory tire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use Continental's on about everything I own. Very pleased with them so far. Always quiet, great grip, long wearing. Well worth the money IMO.

Had Extreme Contact DWS on my 11 DGC , had ~35,000 miles on them when i sold it recently, they had TONS of life left

Extreme Contact on my PAC, ~6,000 miles on them, still look new, tracks great, handles amazing (can't wait for the drop springs)

Extreme Contact DW on my RS, have about 6,000 miles on them, look new still

Crosscontact LX20 Ecoplus (large suv tire) on my 04 Wrangler Rubicon (I don't off-road, mainly cruise with the kids, around 500 miles a year) they raised my mileage on it from 12-15mpg to 15-18mpg, have about 2,000 miles on them and they as well look new, these def make the jeep twitchier than the Goodyear "off-road" monster tires that came on it; I assume from the short wheelbase and narrow track. I got used to it, and now I like them a lot. It was hard to find an on road tire to match the width and height of the factory tire.
Hey flyerstump. Just curious how the Extreme Contacts are working out on the Pacifica? I have the ExtremeContact DWS on my other car and love them (great dry traction, and better in the snow than any all season I've ever had), but I wasn't sure how they'd perform on a bigger car.

I've also been looking at the Continental TrueContact Tour, which are fairly new, but pretty well reviewed. Anyone have these on the Pacifica? I have the hybrid and 18 inch wheels, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Bridgestone ecopias on my hybrid . No complaints and wouldn’t hesitate to Pritchard another set . I’m reading up on the Michelin’s for eco and hybrid driving .A s previous messages states “ I’d never skimp on tires or brakes “. Well within reason you get what you pay for really .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any particular Michelin's you're looking at? I have the OEM Michelin Premiers on the van currently, and although I have no complaints in the driving department, they're pretty worn after only 20k miles (seems like a consistent complaint around here). The TrueContacts say the have "Ecoplus" technology and they have an 80k mile(!) warranty.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Michelin Defender LTX on our 2018 Touring L -- not quite as quiet as the OEM Yokohamas, but certainly better steering response, handling of rough roads and overall traction. If $$ are tight, would consider the General Altimax RT43

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I’m looking for new tires for my......

Are these cheap tires Chinese imports...?
Be a little careful with putting on Chinese anything for all stuff you own. Apart from the quality and safety issues, you might be contributing to what happens when cheaper stuff from China floods the market. At some point the better quality tires will start to buckle under sales pressure, and at times they collapse, and guess what, then you will only have Chinese stuff to choose from.
Read about and educate yourself on what happened to American Bicycle industry (Schwinn, Huffy, etc). I hope that cancer doesn’t spread to automobiles, but it’s nibbling at the tires already. But who am I to say about it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's been a long time since Chrysler made a minivan in the US...

But seriously, you can spend as much or as little on tires as you want, and you'll generally get more bang for the buck at the lower end. If you want something nicer, spend more and enjoy it. If all of this were about stretching every dollar, a 30 year old Neon could get you to work and back in the same amount of time as a $40k+ minivan.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Got 65,000 out of a set of Continental TrueContacts (changed at 4/32" tread remaining) on my DGC. Quiet, great traction, good tires in every way. Now using General RT43's- As good as the Contis, in every way except wet/dry traction, which is even better than the Contis. Only downer is a bit more tread hum on smooth asphalt. One thing I particularly like about Contis is the full depth sipes; many brands have only about 1/2 depth siping. Original equipment Yokohamas were OK except for snow traction, which was non-existent. Other Yokos I've (unfortunately) had were terrible tires; suffered radial belt pull.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Pretty much a good chunk of tires manufactured are being done in China, yes even the brand name ones. They may have plants in China where they are manufactured but designed in their native countries but are still manufactured to the same standards as say goodyear's, Michellin's etc. All the equipment at the factories would be the same as say the HQ in France or USA. The names you state are likely homegrown Chines brands. This goes the same for rims. As long as the ie (American Tire Association, NHTSA) has approved it, which means they have gone through the same Safety standards certification process like a TIA (Tire Industry Association, TUV etc then they should be fine. Otherwise I would be weary of tires or even rims that have not gone through those types of safety certifications. In a global economy, companies are always leveraging ways to increase profit margins and if they have to offshore their manufacturing to other countries they do as long as those companies are willing to comply with the same standards they design their tires, it's hard to compete with labour costs in China vs North America. Otherwise costs are transferred to the consumer if Manufacturers were to continue building in their native countries.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All tires you can buy in the US should have passed DOT specs. If you're getting it from a reliable tire shop, chances are you are good to go. I would be careful purchasing anything from 3rd party online (eBay, Amazon, etc.) since you don't really know where these are coming from. Could be buying a bad batch that did not pass test.
Talk to your local tire shop and see what tires they recommend. Have it checked regularly and you should be good. I purchased a set of 255/45/20 Khumo tires from discount tire for $90 each and had them install it for $19 each. It comes with rotation and balancing as well as tire repair free of charge for the life of the tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey flyerstump. Just curious how the Extreme Contacts are working out on the Pacifica? I have the ExtremeContact DWS on my other car and love them (great dry traction, and better in the snow than any all season I've ever had), but I wasn't sure how they'd perform on a bigger car.

I've also been looking at the Continental TrueContact Tour, which are fairly new, but pretty well reviewed. Anyone have these on the Pacifica? I have the hybrid and 18 inch wheels, for what it's worth.
I run the Continental Extreme Contact tires on my Porsche Boxster S and they have been great. I like they way they drive and they have out lasted any other tire I've run on that car by about 3x, and still have plenty of tread left. Never have gone out of balance.
I've been running the True Contact Tour tires on my Lexus RX350 for around 4 years and they are so good that I just put a set on my 2018 Pacifica Limited. They handle great and have about the highest wear rating you can find as a really nice bonus. An excellent tire that I highly recommend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts