2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is it normal to see this in the foot-well under the steering wheel?
I’ve never looked specifically down there but I never noticed that being exposed. I’d imagine that being a safety hazard with the moving parts/joints being exposed by your feet and shoes.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Is it normal to see this in the foot-well under the steering wheel?
I can see the same parts exposed in my van. The carpet behind the gas pedal goes straight across to the left without going down at the slit. Other than the slit that touches the rubber mat, it looks similar in my gas 2017 Pacifica.

I suspect the 2019 Pacifica carpet is cut as your van's carpet is.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just looked today and my 2019 also has an exposed footwell. It seems pretty clear from the U shaped cut in the carpet that this was supposed to ride up much higher, along the steering mechanism. I'm not sure if this would merit being called a 'problem', but it sure is sloppy craftsmanship/assembly. Not sure there is any recourse here.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think the point is that neither of us should being having issues, be they minor (like mine), or major and a serious safety concern (like yours).

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Mine also looks the same , even though the upper seam is cut slightly different.
May be there was a change in part supplier. IMG_3569.jpg
This doesn’t bother me a bit since it’s so hard to see it in the first place (you really have to be below knee level to see it) and you need to have a flashlight in hand. There isn’t any smell or air / water leaking through that opening and I don’t have any issues with noise in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine also looks the same , even though the upper seam is cut slightly different.
May be there was a change in part supplier. View attachment 40237
This doesn’t bother me a bit since it’s so hard to see it in the first place (you really have to be below knee level to see it) and you need to have a flashlight in hand. There isn’t any smell or air / water leaking through that opening and I don’t have any issues with noise in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can confirm that the slot is ‘normal’. My van has the same slot.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just washed my rubber weather matts and happened to notice mine looks the same - I would have never noticed if I hadn't seen this post no reason to look up under there lol

·
Registered
917 Posts
Whenever I go down under the outhouse to paint, I always look up to see if the underside of the seating area needs touching up. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
That's just me.
"...Whenever I go down under the outhouse to paint..."
What did you have installed in your Pacifica??? :surprise:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts