2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if installing a remote start at the dealer would be included into the extended warranty? Or would it void it? Technically it's listed under the mopar accessories in the plan that if it's installed by an authorized dealer, but it mentioned any alteration from the dealer specs would be voided. Would anyone have more information on this? Calling Mopar warranty wasn't that informative. Person said it should be okay but said it might void. So no straight answer. Any insight would be great. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
783 Posts
If I hazard to guess. It will not effect your warranty. Also will have it's own warranty all by it self. That's my guess I could be wrong.
In order for a warranty claim to be denied they would need to prove the modification did the damage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Jeremy for the reply as well as canadahybridguy. I did want to add that this is what I see inside the plan detail since remote start is considered an accessory from the plan.

"MOPAR ACCESSORIES: All electrical and mechanical Mopar accessories are covered provided they were installed by an authorized
Dealer; Audio Systems (including Compact Disc Players); Sirius Satellite Radio; Speed Control; EVS (Security Systems); Clocks;
Remote Trunk Release; Transmission Oil Cooler; Remote Control Outside Mirrors; Power Sliding Rear Window Assembly (Trucks);
Rear Seat Video Entertainment Systems (including DVD Players); Remote Start System (excluding transmitters); MoparConnect."

I did follow up with the dealership and they said it would be, but I'm wondering if mopar would think otherwise. I'm also curious if that means no one would ever be able to add anything to their vehicle? Thank you in advance for any info/advice.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
You can add whatever you want aftermarket but it’s not covered from the vehicle warranty , that’s why it’s best to sometimes have it dealer installed prior to delivery . Hope all this info helps

·
Registered
2022 PacHy Ltd
614 Posts
Most Pacifica's already have remote start

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think you're overthinking this. If you desire your van to have a remote starter added just do it. I doubt anyone will void the warranty on say your water pump because of it. Being a genuine Mopar accessory installed by a certified dealer shouldn't present any issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks hawkfan! I think you're right. I may be overthinking this too much. And thank you everyone for the info and advise. I been thinking about having remote start install in the car for awhile now and the factory warranty ends soon, but I have extended warranty still. The car is currently getting software updates since I owned it for the last couple of years it never had an OTA update so I had to take the car in. Was thinking this might be an opportunity to install it while they have it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Oddly this reminded me of something. Here is a wrench in the discussion? I was kind of shadowing a tech for a bit. He was installing a feature. I'm trying to remember but after installing it he went back into a record and added the feature to vehicles official options. Dang. Richard was a dedicated technician. He passed due to cancer in his 40's about 4 years ago.
I think the idea was to add the option, like fog lights or trailer tow, so those were included in the warranty procedure because of the official parts being officially installed on that exact VIN at a dealership. Rich and that situation was the first and only time that he explained it was now part of the official unit. Covered by the particular 1 year warranty on the part and the standard warranty.
I did a trip to help him hold the laptop while programing the new adaptive cruise after a front end collision. Some aspects were a real challenge.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
You have to add it in the bill of sale , factory options are coded with letters on build sheet and spec sheet . So adding after fact, dealer installed , would be covered by the vehicle warranty but not “ as coming from the factory build “. Hence the prior to delivery install , warranty fine print .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone! Much appreciated with all the information. I ended up having the dealer add in the remote start into the vehicle. It shows up as a dealer installed option now on mopar. The service advisor told me that their service manager said that it will be covered so that's when I decided to install along with all the comments here. So far so good. Able to cool down the car prior to entering now that it's getting warmer. I originally went in to get software updates for uconnect since my vehicle has never received any OTA. Ended up they updated software for the RRT21-010. So unfortunately will have to go back to get the uconnect updated prior to the factory warranty ending.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If anyone is interested. After looking at the installation, they tied it into the factory wiring harness and used the original hood latch since it already had a microswitch on it since the original installation manually said for them to cut the boot near the firewall. They didn't do that and used the harness there. Other than some settings that I had to re-set, the car has been working as expected. I was concern that they might damage the headliner while pulling it down to install the RF HUB module.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts