2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pinnacle eHybrid
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picking up my vehicle this week (Pinnacle Hybrid) and as expected the manager is offering extended warranty and rust proof protection (Apparently it’s a must around the sliding door mechanism as he explained it).

the extended warranty alone is for 7yr or 115,000km/71,500miles, at an additional cost of $26 a month if I finance for 96months (works out to be roughly $2,500CAD.)

Forgot to ask if it’s MOPAR warranty or third party. Will confirm later. The mileage seems kind of low for 7 yrs.

Never owned a Chrysler before so not sure what to expect from a reliability perspective.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 hybrid touring L+S
7 Posts
I declined my dealers offer of $2,400 for a 7 yr extended warranty (third party, not the from mopar).

When i financed thru my credit union they advised they can significantly beat the dealer pricing for extended warranties. They said call them anytime after the purchase if I am interested. I decided I will get one in, say, 2-3yrs later if I’m still interested and loving the van then.
Cheers,

·
Registered
2021 TourL
90 Posts
Not sure where your at in Canada, I bought mine in B.C. for just over $3k for 410 gold (7yr,160k km) mopar warranty rolled into financial

·
Registered
2021 Pinnacle eHybrid
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link. I’m located in Toronto area. Seems that they offered 419 plan based on the KM I drive. I’m assuming this is just Extended Basic Warranty that does not cover Powertrain components?

Think it’s worth it?

·
Registered
2021 Pinnacle eHybrid
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I declined my dealers offer of $2,400 for a 7 yr extended warranty (third party, not the from mopar).

When i financed thru my credit union they advised they can significantly beat the dealer pricing for extended warranties. They said call them anytime after the purchase if I am interested. I decided I will get one in, say, 2-3yrs later if I’m still interested and loving the van then.
Cheers,
yeah I asked if I could purchase it later before the basic 3yr expires and they said no. not sure if it’s a requirement to get it right away or he was just playing the game. I don’t see the rush to buy extended warranty while I still have the factory one valid.

·
Registered
2021 TourL
90 Posts
I think the ext warranty is worth it, I'll keep her 6-7yrs for sure
you can purchase later if you want , they just want you to buy from them

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle Luxury White
43 Posts
I bought mine for 3k in montreal. 2500 is a good price. The 419 plan covers mostly everything. Even provides replacement car upto 45$/day I think... All the electronics is covered and there is alot of it in this van so took it for peace of mind

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Do yourself a solid and buy a oem mopar extended warranty rather than a 3rd party . This way down road if you have any issues you can deal directly with manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Picking up my vehicle this week (Pinnacle Hybrid) and as expected the manager is offering extended warranty and rust proof protection (Apparently it’s a must around the sliding door mechanism as he explained it).
This sounds like a rather hard sell to me.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
92 Posts
I got the Mopar rust protection with the car; cost ~$700 CAD and is guaranteed until December 2049. As in, if there's any rust spots before then, they'll repair them under warranty. That way I don't have to think about it.

·
Registered
2021 Pinnacle eHybrid
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very valid points. Thank you all. I would buy the extended warranty $100-300 over cost; anything more than that is straight profit for the dealer. I will consider it down the road before factory one expires. As of right now adding additional $2500 into the financing plan will cost a lot more with interest.

I’m on the fence.....but in the end can’t put a price on peace of mind

·
Registered
1 Posts

the extended warranty alone is for 7yr or 115,000km/71,500miles, at an additional cost of $26 a month if I finance for 96months (works out to be roughly $2,500CAD.)

Forgot to ask if it’s MOPAR warranty or third party. Will confirm later. The mileage seems kind of low for 7 yrs.

Never owned a Chrysler before so not sure what to expect from a reliability perspective.

Any thoughts?
Go for Mechanical Breakdown Insurance that would be 1/3 of the cost of taking an extended warranty. Makes sense as it covers almost everything the extended warranty offers. Also you might want to check the warranty offered by the manufacturer and then decide.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle Brilliant Black
20 Posts
Any Canadian owners in the forum, if you opted third party warranty, could you share your experience and do you recommend any ?
I am also considering extended warranty but not sure to go with Manufacturer, Mopar or a 3rd party one

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Just curious as to why you’d buy a 3rd party warranty vs manufacturers oem extended warranty . Would you buy home or auto insurance from a 3rd party seller or stick to a reputable company , just saying .

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle Brilliant Black
20 Posts
Ensurall quoted me a 10 years from new or 200 000 km, bumper to bumper for $3,000.
I haven't talked to the dealer about extended warranty yet, still shopping around for best deals/alternatives

1 - 17 of 17 Posts