2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was about to finalize my order yesterday - then the salesperson asked me if I wanted the towing package. I don't plan on towing much (if at all)...but who knows what my family will want to do in a few years? I definitely will add a bike rack, so having the hitch there already makes it a bit easier.

I like the idea of having the towing option...and I know I could add one aftermarket later - but wondering if there's any value to having it factory installed BESIDES the obvious benefit of being able to tow. From what I've been reading on the forums, the package includes a larger radiator and a 220AMP alternator. Does the the larger radiator benefit regular, non-towing driving at all?

Also - do you think the addition of this package helps or hurts resale value? (obviously more utility, but general public might not like the look? )

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Aesthetically you can’t even tell it’s there as it’s recessed inside the rear fascia with the plug in right beside the receiver . I’ll tell you that it’s a bonus having it compared to not having it , and resell is easier because it’s factory vs aftermarket . It’s covered miner warranty , no splicing , no receiver head protruding out from rear fascia , and it’s sits high enough that clearance for backing up isn’t affected with driveways , curbs, speed bumps . Hope this helps , the benefit to cost ratio is a positive anyway you look at it . Happy motoring

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,703 Posts
And the towing limit is raised from 1500 lbs, to 3600 lbs. It is pretty easy to go over the 1500 lb limit, so it opens up for you, or the next owner to tow more weight.

Reactions: VelvetRedAWD

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The factory hitch sits a little higher so it's less likely to scrape the ground when starting up a steep driveway or other incline.

Reactions: VelvetRedAWD

·
Super Moderator
1,703 Posts
Ah crap - according to this, it can't be added to the limited (which is what I want to order)! Does that sound right? I'm checking with the dealer too.

View attachment 49092
That is what we have been hearing here for some time now. Only the Pinnacle ICE would get the tow package, and it was included. Not an option. When you said in your OP that the salesman asked if you wanted it, we thought maybe something had changed.

Now it is still possible that something has changed and the web site is usually the last place that gets updated.

You will have to confirm with your salesman to see if the tow package can now be added to a limited trim through the dealers order system.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wouldn’t have even considered it but the dealer told me it was an option. Maybe he got it wrong. We’ll see.
He got it wrong. That is the THE reason we found a new '21 late last year rather than ordering a '22, that we could not get a hitch on the Limited. Stow and Go seats are a must, so the Pinnacle was out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My sales guy insists that he is able to add the tow package group (AHT) to the build and was able to do it in the system. See attached. Does that mean it can be done? I hope so! It looks right - but maybe the factory will spit it back out once it gets to them? He says that if he can add it in the system, it should be possible. Does that sound right?

Font Number Paper Circle Paper product

·
Super Moderator
1,703 Posts
There is no one here that can guarantee that the order would go through and you would get the tow package on the vehicle when it gets here.

If you really want it, you can have the salesperson put the order in and see if it is accepted with no changes.

·
Registered
2017 Limited now, 2022 Limited ordered
43 Posts
There is no one here that can guarantee that the order would go through and you would get the tow package on the vehicle when it gets here.

If you really want it, you can have the salesperson put the order in and see if it is accepted with no changes.
Any update on whether or not you can oder a Limited with a tow package? I was not able to order mine with it in late January. Dealer said parts availability was the reason only the Pinnacle was getting the tow package. Not sure that is the whole story though. All the parts are available on the internet from many sources, at much better prices than at dealership.

·
Registered
‘22 Pinnacle AWD ICE Granite Crystal Metallic
60 Posts
Any update on whether or not you can oder a Limited with a tow package? I was not able to order mine with it in late January. Dealer said parts availability was the reason only the Pinnacle was getting the tow package. Not sure that is the whole story though. All the parts are available on the internet from many sources, at much better prices than at dealership.
Don’t know about the OP, but sounds like your experience was similar to mine. Dealer tried the Limited build I wanted, just to appease me and it was rejected. He Also tried my pinnacle without the mirror credit and it was rejected… I use the tow package and didn’t want to add aftermarket (like I did with my current vehicle) so I went with the Pinnacle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don’t know about the OP, but sounds like your experience was similar to mine. Dealer tried the Limited build I wanted, just to appease me and it was rejected. He Also tried my pinnacle without the mirror credit and it was rejected… I use the tow package and didn’t want to add aftermarket (like I did with my current vehicle) so I went with the Pinnacle.
So my dealer insists the tow package can be added - and it's in my order right now. I've been issued a VIN but no build sheet yet to confirm. I guess only time will tell to see if it gets rejected or not. I imagine something must get kicked back to the dealer IF for some reason the requested build can't be done...but who knows? I'll provide an update as soon as I learn more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So my dealer insists the tow package can be added - and it's in my order right now. I've been issued a VIN but no build sheet yet to confirm. I guess only time will tell to see if it gets rejected or not. I imagine something must get kicked back to the dealer IF for some reason the requested build can't be done...but who knows? I'll provide an update as soon as I learn more.
If you don’t mind, would you please share your vin? removed by moderator

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
If you don’t mind, would you please share your vin? Mine is 2c4rc3ggXnrXXXXXX
@Corkscrew, it is generally considered best practice not to post your complete VIN in a public forum. If you want to post your VIN, obfuscate characters 9 and 12-17. That way anyone that needs to can determine the general configuration of your car without being able to identify your specific car. @peterweb, do you want to edit?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Don’t forget the factory tow package also adds the wire harness connector underneath the driver side dashboard for a trailer break controller. Adding aftermarket requires you to splice into the factory wiring both for the trailer break controller and the light control of the trailer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don’t forget the factory tow package also adds the wire harness connector underneath the driver side dashboard for a trailer break controller. Adding aftermarket requires you to splice into the factory wiring both for the trailer break controller and the light control of the trailer.
Actually, the lighting only involves plugging four wires into an existing connector. No splicing required for those. BCM does need to be flashed to enable the lights to work if using the factory harness. There are wires for a trailer brake controller and a battery connection.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts