2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our lease for 2017 Pacifica Touring L ends soon and am looking to lease a new one. Either a 2019 touring L or 2020 Touring L. I am in need for a 8 seater and also considering the advance saftey tech package. Looking through local inventory I see some of them have 8 seater, but none in touring L. All 8 seaters available are for Limited, mostly 2019. None of them have Advance Saftey tech package.

I am curious to know if Advance Safety Tech can be added to any car I pick? I think it will need to be factory built considering the number of sensors and cameras it adds.

Same for 8 seater. I think this was a factory built option too..

I which case I am looking for a factory built Touring L. Would a dealer negotiate a substantial price off with me for this considering its not one of their already ordered on lot vehicle?

Also can I order 2018 now? I see inventory for 2018's but none with 8 seater which is a must have for me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I tested the order software on the Canadian system. Safety Tech and Advanced Safety Tech looked available on the Touring and up. Just regular Safety Tech on the L and LX I believe.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
So our lease for 2017 Pacifica Touring L ends soon and am looking to lease a new one. Either a 2019 touring L or 2020 Touring L. I am in need for a 8 seater and also considering the advance saftey tech package. Looking through local inventory I see some of them have 8 seater, but none in touring L. All 8 seaters available are for Limited, mostly 2019. None of them have Advance Saftey tech package.

I am curious to know if Advance Safety Tech can be added to any car I pick? I think it will need to be factory built considering the number of sensors and cameras it adds.

Same for 8 seater. I think this was a factory built option too..

I which case I am looking for a factory built Touring L. Would a dealer negotiate a substantial price off with me for this considering its not one of their already ordered on lot vehicle?

Also can I order 2018 now? I see inventory for 2018's but none with 8 seater which is a must have for me.
You can absolutely negotiate on the price of a custom order just like you do from a dealership lot. What you should do first is create a custom car (with your color/ interior/ wheels/ options) through the online configurator. Since you paying a slightly higher price, there is no need to compromise on any options or dislikes. Choose only what you want and need. Establish a precise MSRP.
Then email 50-100 of the nearby dealerships (wherever you can reasonably purchase from physically) with your custom make (and MSRP). Wait for a few days. Half of them would ignore you, another half of remaining would want you to come into their dealership stating they will offer you the best deal - you ignore them. Rest will give you various quotes (on your exact build). Create an excel sheet. Insist on their final OTD (out the door) price since many will have hidden added costs. Now you have a base to work with.
Print the lowest quote and take it to your nearest dealership and ask if they would match it. If yes, then you are golden.
Few points to remember: You only step foot into the dealership to sign the paperwork (not negotiating on the price). If you go to the dealership without anything agreed upon you will be at a disadvantage since they have all the upper hand. They are professionals and will use all available tricks to tire you and part you from your hard earned money to get you to buy something which is already on their lot (since it gives them higher profit).
When you negotiate from your home / laptop, it evens the playing field. You will have the home advantage.
I found that ordering a car to be a lot less stressful than negotiating on cars with several dealerships (which can have different colors/options/ trims). PM me if you still have questions.

Reactions: irpilot

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts
You can absolutely negotiate on the price of a custom order just like you do from a dealership lot. What you should do first is create a custom car (with your color/ interior/ wheels/ options) through the online configurator. Since you paying a slightly higher price, there is no need to compromise on any options or dislikes. Choose only what you want and need. Establish a precise MSRP.
Then email 50-100 of the nearby dealerships (wherever you can reasonably purchase from physically) with your custom make (and MSRP). Wait for a few days. Half of them would ignore you, another half of remaining would want you to come into their dealership stating they will offer you the best deal - you ignore them. Rest will give you various quotes (on your exact build). Create an excel sheet. Insist on their final OTD (out the door) price since many will have hidden added costs. Now you have a base to work with.
Print the lowest quote and take it to your nearest dealership and ask if they would match it. If yes, then you are golden.
Few points to remember: You only step foot into the dealership to sign the paperwork (not negotiating on the price). If you go to the dealership without anything agreed upon you will be at a disadvantage since they have all the upper hand. They are professionals and will use all available tricks to tire you and part you from your hard earned money to get you to buy something which is already on their lot (since it gives them higher profit).
When you negotiate from your home / laptop, it evens the playing field. You will have the home advantage.
I found that ordering a car to be a lot less stressful than negotiating on cars with several dealerships (which can have different colors/options/ trims). PM me if you still have questions.
Perfect buying strategy @Bond007.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts