2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve got a 2019 Touring L Plus....the carpet (factory) liner in the rear area behind the last row of seats was not secured. So when the seats are folded down, it squishes the liner down to the point that it is creased and doesn’t come back. At the dealership now. They had ordered a new liner. They said the original one was not long enough to reach the clips to secure it. The new liner that came in is the same size....so, still have the same problem. They’ve been working on it for over 3 hours now. They’re ready to order another one, but want to check with Chrysler to see what’s going on with the sizing. Anyone else have this issue? Any solutions?

Attaching some photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
:unsure:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the same issue. I do not think the problem is the carpet. I believe that the problem is the rear seat not being installed properly it's on a slight angle and every time you lower the seat touches the carpet and pulls it down. I'm not sure where you live but where I live in Canada it gets very cold so when it's super cold and you lower the seat and then you put some weight on the rear seat aka the floor it will crack the plastic molding like mine cracked I need a new carpet and a new plastic molding I guess now and they need to straighten out the seat only the passenger side rubs not the driver side the driver side has no rubbing.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. We’re in Florida, so hopefully we won’t get any plastic cracking issues! I’m going to take a closer look as the back seat goes down. I do recall it runs the liner, but it didn’t seem to be enough to pull it out (if it is secured). My service guy said they can’t stretch it to attach to clips under the moulding. It’s too short. Both my original liner and the one he ordered. There was another Pacifica in the shop with the same problem and they were able to clip it. Not sure which model it was. He’s checking with a regional service manager to see if there is a known issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 4th.visit, the d’ship used my 1st visit’s advice when I saw what they were doing was not gonna work—I’d already tried that. They pulled it into place as best they could and used “tiny upholstery screws” to put into very small holes they drilled. Have to be careful and keep them tiny, plus don’t be stingy—use plenty of screws. HTH. Sam

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2017 Pacifica and I've had and issue with the carpet/liner pulling out twice now and a couple dealerships have put the carpet back in place, but the second one said that it will likely continue to happen and if it does, I could pay them to glue it down. I would be happy to know just how to get the carpet back in so that I can do it myself the next time it happens. You would think you could just shove it back in with a putty knife or something (I wasn't able to), but I wonder if they have to take the plastic molding off... as a previous poster mentioned, the stow and go seat seems to be responsible for pulling it out, but as many times as I've lowered them, I don't know what was different the two times the carpet pulled out...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my 4th.visit, the d’ship used my 1st visit’s advice when I saw what they were doing was not gonna work—I’d already tried that. They pulled it into place as best they could and used “tiny upholstery screws” to put into very small holes they drilled. Have to be careful and keep them tiny, plus don’t be stingy—use plenty of screws. HTH. Sam
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm going to give the dealership this week to see if they get response from the regional service person.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 2017 Pacifica and I've had and issue with the carpet/liner pulling out twice now and a couple dealerships have put the carpet back in place, but the second one said that it will likely continue to happen and if it does, I could pay them to glue it down. I would be happy to know just how to get the carpet back in so that I can do it myself the next time it happens. You would think you could just shove it back in with a putty knife or something (I wasn't able to), but I wonder if they have to take the plastic molding off... as a previous poster mentioned, the stow and go seat seems to be responsible for pulling it out, but as many times as I've lowered them, I don't know what was different the two times the carpet pulled out...
So even though they could put it back in, it was still happening. Did your dealership mention that it should be clipped in? And that it wasn't reaching? Also, just curious, what color is your liner? Mine is gray. The service tech said they were able to fix the other Pacifica that was in for it, but I didn't ask what color the other pacifica's liner was. Wondering if it is a problem with the grey ones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The rear seat is putting pressure on the passenger corner. Which side is falling for you guys? Just the corner or the whole thing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The rear seat is putting pressure on the passenger corner. Which side is falling for you guys? Just the corner or the whole thing?

Mine is the whole length of where it is supposed to attach under the moulding. I’ll be putting the seats down tonight for my equipment, so I’ll take a closer look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@bluefrog no comments about clips or reach. Mine is gray as well. I never took any pictures and cannot remember if it was one side or the entire length. I'm sure that I will find out soon enough...

Again, I wouldn't mind if I could just repair it myself, but I'm afraid of damaging trim without knowing how to get underneath. I suppose that might be a moot point if it turns out like @drscooter86 ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 has the same problem. Entire back edge pulls out routinely. I got sick of pulling off the trim pieces to re-secure so it just sits folded down and looks like crap. It may be the rear seats pulling it out but I think it’s too short as well. Seems a little ridiculous drilling and screwing the thing in place but that may be what it comes to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2017, that has a grey liner. I glued it in once but it is loose again. I do not know if the body shop pulled it loose when repairing a dent and did not glue it in again or not. I will glue it again and operate the seat to see if the seat is the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On mine, it looks like the seats do bruh up against the liner, but not so much that the seats need to be pushed down to stow them. If the liner was secured properly, it does not look like it would be an issue. The service guy said it's not long enough to reach the clips to secure it. So, obviously, this will keep happening until they are able to secure it. It's been over a week and I have not heard anything from the service guy at the dealership. I'll try and follow up this week!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
On mine, it looks like the seats do bruh up against the liner, but not so much that the seats need to be pushed down to stow them. If the liner was secured properly, it does not look like it would be an issue. The service guy said it's not long enough to reach the clips to secure it. So, obviously, this will keep happening until they are able to secure it. It's been over a week and I have not heard anything from the service guy at the dealership. I'll try and follow up this week!
Hi bluefrog,

We are very sorry to hear of this happening! If you'd like an additional layer of assistance, please feel free to follow up with us privately.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

1 - 20 of 20 Posts