2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Touring L
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just showed up as an open recall on my 2018 Touring L. All it says is Y65 (ESS), dated 12/14/22 Anybody know what this is about?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,246 Posts
This just showed up as an open recall on my 2018 Touring L. All it says is Y65 (ESS), dated 12/14/22 Anybody know what this is about?
Where are you seeing this at? None of my sources show this recall. A quick Google search yielded nothing as well.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
When you click the link the get further info, nothing shows up.
Interesting. I also see it after entering my VIN on Mopar's website (link here). It's odd for it to be showing up there. You'd think there would be a press release about it before seeing it there.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It shows up on my MOPAR dashboard as well. The campaign description though is a bad link and has no further information. Will this be the ultimate recall to fix the ESS?
I had mine in the other day because I was getting the information that the engine was warmed up but the battery was charging. The dealer tested both batteries and said they were fine but low in charge. They recharged them and "reset" the IBS. The visit cost me nothing. Phooey! I am not ready to disconnect the AUX battery just yet but...
I find it hard to believe that the vehicle is incapable of recharging the battery in moderate (40 degrees) weather.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It shows up on my MOPAR dashboard as well. The campaign description though is a bad link and has no further information. Will this be the ultimate recall to fix the ESS?
I had mine in the other day because I was getting the information that the engine was warmed up but the battery was charging. The dealer tested both batteries and said they were fine but low in charge. They recharged them and "reset" the IBS. The visit cost me nothing. Phooey! I am not ready to disconnect the AUX battery just yet but...
I find it hard to believe that the vehicle is incapable of recharging the battery in moderate (40 degrees) weather.
There's no clue as to what the recall is for. The "ESS" we're seeing is simply part of the vehicle's description, not the recall itself.

·
Registered
2018 Touring L
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's no clue as to what the recall is for. The "ESS" we're seeing is simply part of the vehicle's description, not the recall itself.
Interesting. I also see it after entering my VIN on Mopar's website (link here). It's odd for it to be showing up there. You'd think there would be a press release about it before seeing it there.
Just spoke with my dealer, Airport CDJ in Orlando. Says it's an update to "improve performance to the auto start/stop system". Takes 1 1/2 hours. Didn't know anything beyond that.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just had the van in last week and they apparently knew nothing about it yet or it was not released. I sure am curious about the specifics and, if it is a recall, maybe it will not cost me anything.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,829 Posts
Just had the van in last week and they apparently knew nothing about it yet or it was not released. I sure am curious about the specifics and, if it is a recall, maybe it will not cost me anything.
From the mopar site in @freddief73 's post above, this update is listed as a Campaign. Also from the same web site.

What is a vehicle campaign?
A vehicle campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern. There are two types:

• An emissions recall and
  • A customer satisfaction notification: A Customer Satisfaction Notification (CSN) is preventive in nature and involves warranty or customer satisfaction issues that are non-safety related. FCA US LLC will correct the problem, at no charge, even if the vehicle is out of warranty and you are not the original owner.

So when we find out the details on this campaign, it looks like I may have to hook up my aux battery again to take it in for the fix. :p

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The campaign date is 12/14/2021 so your dealership wouldn't have known about it last week.

...So when we find out the details on this campaign, it looks like I may have to hook up my aux battery again to take it in for the fix. :p
I was thinking the same thing. 😆

·
Registered
2022 PacHy Ltd
640 Posts
Yep, my 2017 is also on the list for the recall.

·
Super Moderator
1,829 Posts
My 2018 is listed for whatever this fix will be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I brought our 2017 in for this Monday (ESS dash light had been on since we purchased the vehicle ~6months ago). The notes say the light was still on after recall fix so they cleared DTCS and road tested it successfully.

Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,829 Posts
I brought our 2017 in for this Monday (ESS dash light had been on since we purchased the vehicle)...after service the light is off and ESS works.
Did the dealer do the repairs from the Campaign Y65? Were there any parts replaced, or was it just a software flash?

·
Super Moderator
1,829 Posts
Looks like no parts, just updated PCM from 68267020AF to AJ then cleared DTCS.
And did your invoice mention the Campaign Y65? Was there any charge for this?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts