2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
And did your invoice mention the Campaign Y65? Was there any charge for this?
Yes it mentioned Y65 and there was no charge for the recall...they did however say the fix didn't clear the dash light until the DTCS was reset and they road tested it. 30m of labor was charged for the road test (I guess??).

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,085 Posts
A recall is required to be performed free of charge.

Reactions: soccerfan

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Looks like the information for this campaign is live. https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/Y65.pdf
It should be noted that this is actually NOT a recall. It's just a Customer Satisfaction campaign. If it were a recall, the document in the PDF would say "IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL" at the top instead of "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION." It's a free repair, and people will still get letters about it, but it's not a recall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It should be noted that this is actually NOT a recall. It's just a Customer Satisfaction campaign. If it were a recall, the document in the PDF would say "IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL" at the top instead of "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION." It's a free repair, and people will still get letters about it, but it's not a recall.
The fca reimbursement link in the pdf lists it as a 'recall' for my vehicle and i was able to submit the dealer expense for reimbursement (up to 60 days to review).

·
Registered
365 Posts
The actual wording of what the NOTIFICATION is about:

The powertrain control module software may cause the Engine Stop/Start (ESS) feature on your vehicle to be disabled. A message stating “Stop/Start Required Fault Detected” may display on the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) or the “Service Auto Start/Stop” light may illuminate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The fca reimbursement link in the pdf lists it as a 'recall' for my vehicle and i was able to submit the dealer expense for reimbursement (up to 60 days to review).
I am about to submit the reimbursement too. I had to change batteries in early October due to the Stop/Start Required Fault Detected" message. What was your reimbursement request?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally received the snail mail Y65 letter today for our 2017 TL+. My ESS has been working fine, but I will contact my dealer and schedule the PCM update. Original AUX battery failed at 41,000 miles, and main battery about 52,000 miles, and replaced them both myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just received the "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION. "Y65" on my 2017 Pacifica. I wouldn't bother with it, but it says: Failure to do so could be determined as lack of proper maintenance of your vehicle or engine. (which might void my extended warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,569 Posts
I just received the "CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION. "Y65" on my 2017 Pacifica. I wouldn't bother with it, but it says: Failure to do so could be determined as lack of proper maintenance of your vehicle or engine. (which might void my extended warranty.
There is no cost to have this done. So why not have it done.

I'll have it done on my 2018 when I go in for oil change this February. I'll have to connect my Aux battery again just before going in.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L, Gas, 8 seats
111 Posts
Just got the letter myself. Not sure if necessary. I just turn off start/stop each time I start the car. Some of you have the aux battery disconnected?!?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
my '18 TL+ last week started this ESS issue and warning light. ESS doesnt work right now. i am hoping FCA will cover me under this Y65 service and also batteries LOL i'll find out thursday.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L, Gas, 8 seats
111 Posts
my '18 TL+ last week started this ESS issue and warning light. ESS doesnt work right now. i am hoping FCA will cover me under this Y65 service and also batteries LOL i'll find out thursday.
Please let us know how it goes!

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Batteries are not covered under this Y65 campaign. It is just a software update. The batteries are only covered during the 3 year/ 36K mile bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I just had the recall done and they said the light came back on so they checked the batteries and they both came back bad.

Now when the light first came on in November I had the batteries tested at Autozone and they said they were fine.

Obviously things could change, but is the dealership teating them differently than autozone?

ETA: Prior to the update the battery voltage fluctuated between 13.8 and 14.2. Currently it's sitting steady at 12.7

Does the update correct some kind of voltage read error?

·
Registered
616 Posts
So I just had the recall done and they said the light came back on so they checked the batteries and they both came back bad.

Now when the light first came on in November I had the batteries tested at Autozone and they said they were fine.

Obviously things could change, but is the dealership teating them differently than autozone?
It is possible Autozone did not disconnect the batteries before testing. They must be disconnected for accurate readings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the recall flash a 1 and done deal?

Went ahead and replaced the primary and secondary batteries, got the battery charging message, drove about 30 minutes on the highway with them, but still getting the message Stop/Start not available battery charging.

I'm going to give it a few days but if it isn't corrected can I go back and have them flash it again under the recall?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
so dropped my 18 Pac off for the Y65 issue and they did their software update and "check all codes and all clear". of course i pick it up and the circle arrow "A" is still there on the dash.

anyway, i'm going to disconnect my negative terminal on the auxillary battery. can someone confirm that 1) the negative terminal on the aux battery is the one closest to the front of the car? and also 2) it's as simple as taking off the negative connector? any other steps? do i need to wrap the negative connector in e-tape? i dont care for ESS anyway thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Yes. The negative cable is the one closest to the front of the vehicle. And all you have to do is remove that connector. It does not matter if you touch a body part with the cable, so I just found something under the hood to zip tie the cable to just to make sure it did not catch on anything .

You will still see the 'A' , but I hardly even notice it now. I get a chime and a quick message about the ESS system when the vehicle is started.

As you were still getting this message, have you had your batteries checked? If you are still on the original batteries for a 2018, they may be getting weak. As you have disconnected the aux you can forget about that. But you should get the main battery checked to be sure a bad aux did not drain the life out of the main.

Reactions: lightrules

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yes. The negative cable is the one closest to the front of the vehicle. And all you have to do is remove that connector. It does not matter if you touch a body part with the cable, so I just found something under the hood to zip tie the cable to just to make sure it did not catch on anything .

You will still see the 'A' , but I hardly even notice it now. I get a chime and a quick message about the ESS system when the vehicle is started.

As you were still getting this message, have you had your batteries checked? If you are still on the original batteries for a 2018, they may be getting weak. As you have disconnected the aux you can forget about that. But you should get the main battery checked to be sure a bad aux did not drain the life out of the main.
very helpful reply. gonna disconnect the aux - tomorrow. yeah i dont mind the circle A "ESS" code on the dash, whatever. i never use ESS though, always turn it off manually. but yes i plan to check the main battery and MOST likely will just replace it soon since it's already 4 yrs. thanks man (y)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts