2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
@peterweb (or others), what do you know about this plug that the guy removes in this video (time stamped) below. apparently pulling that plug out disables the ESS also but does mean the dash code lights up. any reason to not simply do as the video and remove the plug instead of removing the aux negative cable? i guess the Q i have is if pulling this plug still allows the aux battery to drain the main battery...if so then i'd rather still just unplug the aux negative cable. thoughts?

·
Registered
130 Posts
My dealer give me an appointment in March 2022.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,569 Posts
@peterweb (or others), what do you know about this plug that the guy removes in this video (time stamped) below. apparently pulling that plug out disables the ESS also but does mean the dash code lights up. any reason to not simply do as the video and remove the plug instead of removing the aux negative cable? i guess the Q i have is if pulling this plug still allows the aux battery to drain the main battery...if so then i'd rather still just unplug the aux negative cable. thoughts?

As far as I can tell, using this method gives the same result, ie the A light will still be on all the time. But the downside might be that the aux battery could still get weak, especially if you do not drive too much in these Covid times. Then that could drag down and kill your main battery prematurely.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I went ahead and disconnected the negative on the auxiliary battery today, super easy and I zip tied it just like @peterweb did. and just to be clear, by removing the negative on the auxiliary, the main battery can no longer be drained by the auxiliary, correct?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,569 Posts
I went ahead and disconnected the negative on the auxiliary battery today, super easy and I zip tied it just like @peterweb did. and just to be clear, by removing the negative on the auxiliary, the main battery can no longer be drained by the auxiliary, correct?
Correct

Reactions: lightrules

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had the "recall" done 2 days ago, not because I had the error message on the dash (never did), but I thought the latest version of the power train module software should be a good thing.
Everything worked fine for 2 days, in fact the van seem to shift smoother, but today pulling out of the garage, it started to noticeably rough idle and the stop/start dash light displays on the dash..... oops.
So, I go back to the dealer and tell him the story. They test drive the car, could not find any codes, and the stop/start symbol on the dash is gone. They also mentioned when the voltage increased, on the test drive, then stop/start was available. So everything is normal..... nothing to fix.
Others have mentioned that the stop/start symbol was on the dash before and after the upgrade and had to be cleared. In my case, it showed up after the upgrade, but cleared itself....... some strange juju.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts