2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well didn’t we tell FCA to build a AWD hybrid Pacifica . I think they should have listened and will have no choice now but too .
2A51C811-4D16-4812-A6DF-A905FE0CCBED.png
2A51C811-4D16-4812-A6DF-A905FE0CCBED.png

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Toyota should have listened to the Sienna fans and built stow away center row seats, but they didn't.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, I know it’s ugly . I’m curious to see what power train and battery they use , it will be interesting to say the least .

·
Registered
263 Posts
A Toyota PHEV minivan is about the only thing that would make me wish we didn't order a Pachy...

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the rumors of a Prime plug in version are true and it gets comparable crash test scores to the Pachy, I’ll have no choice but to buy it. I’ve owned the past two generations of Sienna, both 10 yo and 150k without a single repair. Don’t care if it’s ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t know how you could drive ugly , but hey I guess to each their own . Walking to it and sitting in it everyday , driving it and looking at in the driveway would make me cringe . I’ve had my ehybrid for 2 yrs and not one issue .

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also there points to new sienna having a 4 cyl motor and electrification. I’m def not a rocket scientist, but a 4 cyl in a big vehicle with people, luggage, stuff equates to not a good choice .

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don’t know how you could drive ugly , but hey I guess to each their own . Walking to it and sitting in it everyday , driving it and looking at in the driveway would make me cringe . I’ve had my ehybrid for 2 yrs and not one issue .
Never been a car guy. For me, it’s an appliance to get from A to B. It should be reliable, safe and efficient. I get my thrills in other ways. Plus, who are we kidding? It’s a van.

Add to that the dismal state of FCA dealer service in my area (I’ve experienced a few, unfortunately) vs Toyota, who has some of the highest rated dealers.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny you mention that , I’ve talked to some Toyota guys as they are charging their cars and exhibit the same frustrations as Fca, bmw , Mercedes , Tesla , ford , gm . I don’t think it’s a isolated incident as much as it’s a industry norm . I’ve had zero problems with vehicle, service , so to me that’s a pretty broad statement of assumption. The vehicle to me is nothing more than a vessel to commute with as well . I think the old school mentality of American automobiles are subpar is pretty archaic in nature . Listening to a JD power spew of words is nothing more than a preconceived take on words . I’m a car guy , but I’m also a realist to know that **** happens and nothing is perfect ( ask Bugatti , Ferrari , Porsche and Lamborghini ) . Technology comes at a price but so does common sense . Happy motoring

·
Registered
111 Posts
Never been a car guy. For me, it’s an appliance to get from A to B. It should be reliable, safe and efficient. I get my thrills in other ways. Plus, who are we kidding? It’s a van.

We had a 2012 Camry hybrid that we traded for the Pacifica. I called that thing "the appliance" because it had no steering feel and wandered all over the highway. It got great fuel economy but that was one of the few things it did well other than having no repairs in 77,000 miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Funny you mention that , I’ve talked to some Toyota guys as they are charging their cars and exhibit the same frustrations as Fca, bmw , Mercedes , Tesla , ford , gm . I don’t think it’s a isolated incident as much as it’s a industry norm . I’ve had zero problems with vehicle, service , so to me that’s a pretty broad statement of assumption. The vehicle to me is nothing more than a vessel to commute with as well . I think the old school mentality of American automobiles are subpar is pretty archaic in nature . Listening to a JD power spew of words is nothing more than a preconceived take on words . I’m a car guy , but I’m also a realist to know that **** happens and nothing is perfect ( ask Bugatti , Ferrari , Porsche and Lamborghini ) . Technology comes at a price but so does common sense . Happy motoring
I'm sure there are plenty of great FCA dealers and service centers, just not within 2 hours of me. I also have a Volvo wagon and I'm not expecting that level of service but my local Toyota dealers have a leg up. I've had really good luck with Volvos as well, which I know isn't a common occurence for many. I'm certainly not someone who thinks all American cars are inferior but I have 4 kids and need a van of some sort, I absolutely loathe giant gas-guzzling SUVs and can't come up with a logical reason to own a truck. I think those types of vehicles are what American auto makers do best. I'm certainly not against owning a Pacifica and have enjoyed multiple rentals but my own experience with Toyota vans has been 100% positive. Happy motoring to you, as well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If the rumors of a Prime plug in version are true and it gets comparable crash test scores to the Pachy, I’ll have no choice but to buy it. I’ve owned the past two generations of Sienna, both 10 yo and 150k without a single repair. Don’t care if it’s ugly.
A PHEV Sienna is unlikely. Except for the Prius Prime and upcoming RAV4 PHEV, Toyota is putting all of their EV eggs into the hybrid basket. It's the safe, conserrvative route, and if Toyota management is anything, they're that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts