2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My previous van was 2009 Sienna Limited AWD. PacHy is on a whole different level, but Sienna had few unique advantages FCA could easily copy.
The biggest difference is the storage. The Sienna had two glove boxes, covered storage compartments in the first row doors and the third row arm rests. The sliding doors had large map pockets.
The seating configuration offered more flexibility. The console between the front seats could be installed between the second row seats or removed altogether for easy access to the second row. The passenger side second row seat could be installed next to the driver's side seat, creating a passage to the third row. When hauling a large load, the second row seats could be folded and flipped forward without a need to remove them. They were still removable when necessary.
If I started driving with open sliding doors or the rear hatch, the van would warn me with beeping. And it would allow to close the doors while moving.
I'm also not a big fan of the rotary shifter. I wish it had an interlock for easier shifts between D and R.
And another interesting tidbit- Sienna is smaller outside and larger inside. I can feel it, and it is confirmed by measurements.
Remembered another one- the rear windows on the Sienna could be opened to flow air through the cabin.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree on all points. My main gripe is the engine; although powerful, it doesn't feel as refined as the old 3.5L mill in the Sienna's. The seats were also much better IMO, as i feel the leather seats in the Pac Limited are a bit too firm.

The Pac really does drive big, as I've hit both side mirrors on passing vehicles now, when I would have been clear by inches in the Sienna. Maybe it's just the side mirrors, or maybe it's the width, but the Sienna was a bit easier to drive. That said, the tech and features in the Pac Limited set the standard for what we will look for in mini-vans going forward.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year are yu talking about? The engine they introduced in 2007 or 8 was famous for the piston slap sound. When the weather was cold my engine made racket like it was about to die. It still drove to 140k miles with no issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wonder if part of the outside vs inside size disparity is due to added internal structure for crash protection. The Pacifica does have excellent collision protection from all tested angles. But yes, it generally feels like a bigger car than it is.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
My parents have a 2013 Sienna, before the last interior refresh, and the only feature I'd like to see is the reclining middle seats. Now those are nice seats, but no way it would work with the Sto-and-Go. And the adjustable headlights is pretty nice as well.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The 2009 Sienna was the old previous design (I had a 2004 LE that was basically the same until 2009).

The 2010+ is the current design (and much better IMO)... I had a 2010 SE and a 2014 SE.

I agree, the big differences is storage areas and interior space.

It's strange because the Hybrid 2nd row doesn't Stow so I would think it would slide back pretty far... but they don't. Compared to my Sienna(s), the 2nd row leg room is noticeably less. Additionally, the 2nd row seats don't recline as far back as the Sienna either.

My kids, who are no longer toddlers, notice this difference and complain about the lack of 2nd row space in the PacHy. They used to easily cross in front of each other to get to the other door but that's no longer the case, and now they constantly hit our front seats.

I also think there is slightly less room in the front row too... or maybe I'm getting bigger. :)

Not sure if the the 3rd row quarter windows on the Sienna open anymore. I used to have power open/close for that on my 04 LE but that wasn't the case on the SEs.

·
Registered
770 Posts
It is interesting you comment on storage space. While my previous was a 2014 T & C, not a Sienna, Chrysler did a real hatchet job on front storage space in the Pacifica. There is more on other threads, but there used to be two "glove compartments," and the upgraded console was much larger (including a USB charging port) and was all easily accessible by the driver -- not that backward opening lower level.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
The passenger side second row seat could be installed next to the driver's side seat, creating a passage to the third row. When hauling a large load, the second row seats could be folded and flipped forward without a need to remove them. They were still removable when necessary.
I have the 8 seater which would address all the seating configurations you mentioned in a much better and refined way.

And another interesting tidbit- Sienna is smaller outside and larger inside. I can feel it, and it is confirmed by measurements. Remembered another one- the rear windows on the Sienna could be opened to flow air through the cabin.
Of course if you design a car like a spherical blob with thin material, it would maximize the interior volume with minimum exterior...:D Pacifica has the latest crash protection and sleek looks for that extra padding at the sides / ends of car. I'm not sure I want a car with windows that open on the rear.. that's so 90's... >:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Remembered another one- the rear windows on the Sienna could be opened to flow air through the cabin.
I love these third row venting windows. I just assumed that these would be on the Pacifica since they're on the Grand Caravans. Maybe they are on the gas Pacifica, I've never driven one of those.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I love these third row venting windows. I just assumed that these would be on the Pacifica since they're on the Grand Caravans. Maybe they are on the gas Pacifica, I've never driven one of those.
No there are no rear vent windows on the ICE Pacifica. Even though I had them on my previous T&Cs, I found that I rarely if ever used them, always seemed to have the Auto cabin climate control on (don't like the wind noise). Now for some who smoke I can see where that would have been a great feature.

<

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My parents have a 2013 Sienna, before the last interior refresh, and the only feature I'd like to see is the reclining middle seats. Now those are nice seats, but no way it would work with the Sto-and-Go. And the adjustable headlights is pretty nice as well.
All the seats in my Touring L recline. The middle seats have a lever on the side. The back seats have a strap near the van side (since they aren't power). Your seats probably recline also. :smile2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
SciTchr
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing