2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got fed up with the dealer. Cancelling my order for a hybrid. I'm going to keep my 2017 Pacifica Limited gas model and just skip the whole PacHy thing.

First, the salesman that I had bought several vehicles from mysteriously left the dealership. His replacement took my order for a 2019 PacHy and then didn't bother to check to make sure that it was accurate. At first he claimed it was Chrysler's fault and when I complained to Chrysler, he then blamed his manager. My vehicle showed up with incorrect equipment so the dealer said he reordered and asked the regional sames manager to label it "Hot". It's been sitting in D1 status for two weeks and now the assembly plant is shut down.

I'm done.

I'll wait for the Chrysler Portal to hit the market.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but I would have done the same.
It wasn’t meant to be.
Good luck!

·
Registered
523 Posts
...or you find another dealer, probably get a better deal, lease it for 3 years, then get the 2022 Portal. If it's introduced next year like they said it would be then that's 2 years of them fixing all the initial bugs, just like they did with the Pacifica.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I don’t understand why you are upset with Chrysler because a dealership made an error in ordering and there was a factory shutdown which happened coincidentally. As I see it, the dealership has done their best by reordering it and listing it as hot. What more can they do?
It’s not as if you are in dire “need” of that car. You already have a reasonably new minivan which is apparently functional.
If you can control your “want” for a few more months, maybe you’ll be fine.
Sorry to hear about your experience though.
Wasn’t Chrysler portal the concept they introduced recently? That’ll be several years later anyway. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t understand why you are upset with Chrysler because a dealership made an error in ordering and there was a factory shutdown which happened coincidentally. As I see it, the dealership has done their best by reordering it and listing it as hot. What more can they do?
It’s not as if you are in dire “need” of that car. You already have a reasonably new minivan which is apparently functional.
If you can control your “want” for a few more months, maybe you’ll be fine.
Sorry to hear about your experience though.
Wasn’t Chrysler portal the concept they introduced recently? That’ll be several years later anyway. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My original salesman would have double checked the order. This is not the first order I have placed there.
He would not have blamed someone else for his mistake.
He would not claim the Oder was marked “hot” when it wasn’t.

When a deal or a dealer starts to seem slippery, it’s time to slip out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
...I'll wait for the Chrysler Portal to hit the market....

Sorry to hear of your frustrations with the dealer, but thank you for sharing info about the Chrysler Portal, I had not even heard of news about this concept car yet. Will be awaiting details of that model for sure.

I had just made my decision to seek out and buy a 2018 PacHy around the time when this article was written:

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/09/18/chrysler-schedules-portal-electric-minivan-for-production/

only worrisome aspect to me in the article is "created by millennials for millennials," and here I thought we were blaming the millennials for killing the minivan, right? I mean, first it was Applebee's...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s been 10 days since I cancelled the order and asked that my deposit be refunded. NO REFUND ISSUED. I put a negative review on the dealers Facebook page this afternoon. Almost immediately, the General Manager messaged me that he would issue a refund.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My original salesman would have double checked the order. This is not the first order I have placed there.
He would not have blamed someone else for his mistake.
He would not claim the Oder was marked “hot” when it wasn’t.

When a deal or a dealer starts to seem slippery, it’s time to slip out.
It sounds like a good call to me. So long as your '17 gasser is fine (and remains under warranty), it's not going to hurt to wait and see what 2020 brings. Even if previous experiences were good, when a dealership starts acting funky, whether intentional or simple incompetence, it usually doesn't get any better, and it's time to start looking for another dealer.

And it was definitely a good idea to put a negative review on their Facebook page. In fact, why didn't you provide their name here? Someone else in the area thinking about an FCA purchase might benefit from the info.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are no shortage of BAD dealerships for every brand of vehicle made! Time to find the good ones, and vote with your $$$$$!
I've got 45,000 miles on my 17 Limited and a warranty tat goes to 85,000 miles. Looks like I will be putting fresh tires on this summer and keeping the 17 for 2-3 more years. By then, 2021 model cars, trucks and vans will be out. At the rate with which technology is advancing, I wonder what will be available then.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now I'm even happier that I cancelled my order. The vehicle with the VIN number they gave me has arrived from the factory and still was missing the "S" package.
2021 here i come.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts