2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Pinnacle Bright White 01/11/2021 10:40am
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just washed my car and noticed that instead of plastic my wheel well is lined with felt material. Why in the world world Chrysler think this is a magnificent idea? Please entertain me..lol

I have a 21 Pinnacle

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Its for sound deadening, you find on higher end cars they always use this felt like material for the wheel wells and much of the underbody. Its nice that they use this on a vehicle like the Pacifica.

Reactions: VelvetRedAWD

·
Registered
21 Pinnacle Bright White 01/11/2021 10:40am
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its for sound deadening, you find on higher end cars they always use this felt like material for the wheel wells and much of the underbody. Its nice that they use this on a vehicle like the Pacifica.
Makes sense now...but im just wondering how it will look after mud and dirt gets on it. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was surprised to see that too. I understand the value of sound deadening but it seems to me that fabric will degrade pretty fast.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Go look at some pacificas that’s are model year 17 that were built in 16 and see. The vehicle will be 5 years old and see what kind condition they are in . My 18 hybrid limited when I upgraded to pinnacle was like brand new , considering it’s a daily driver and had about 60 kms on it and our Toronto winters . All you have to do is drive it and let it do it’s thing whether summer , spring , winter or fall ..

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
575 Posts
My only complaint is how snow accumulates and turns to chunks of ice that are almost impossible to remove, so they end up melting in the garage. On all other previous vehicles, it was easy to kick the snow off the wheel wells in the driveway before pulling in.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Makes sense now...but im just wondering how it will look after mud and dirt gets on it. Thank you for the info.
Its not a big deal. I have had cars with felt wheel well liners for years and years now, they spray out really easily.

Reactions: caution742

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I don’t know why but it doesn’t look any worse than any of the wheel wells with plastic on it.
My Mercedes and Acura (both > 6 years old) which both had felt well liners in the rear somehow clean very well when you use the washer jet. Pacifica (>3 years) is no different.
The comment about making the garage wet holds true for me.

Reactions: Norbert

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Same, I have other German cars that have the same felt lining and there's always a huge puddle when I park in the garage after a rain.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
If your not a lover of the felt then just remove it and live with the noise from inner fenders as it’s transmitted into the pacific cabin .

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I wouldnt remove the wheel well liners. You can't remove just the felt, you would be riding around without wheel well liners.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Plus on the hybrid, there are high voltage lines on the driver's side that would be exposed inside the wheel well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts