2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I just ordered my dark cordovan limited and hope to have it by the end of February.

Options:
8 passenger and 20" wheels
Advanced tech
Theater group
Splash guards
Vacuum delete

I've been keeping up with all of the known issues. Hope most are ironed out by the time mine is built.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Unless all the new hybrids slow down production, I bet you'll see your new van well before the end of February.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GT! And thanks for the info on the wireless charging. I decided to forgo the pad.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had dealer ordered my molten silver limited on 12/12. I also opted for 8 passenger and 20" wheels, Advanced tech, and Theater group. No splash guard or vacuum deleted. Dealer told me the waiting time is 6 weeks. So I hope to drive it away by the end of January.

·
Super Moderator
687 Posts
Congratulations on your Pacifica order and welcome to the forum. Hopefully your Pacifica will be bug free. 😀

Hello all!

I just ordered my dark cordovan limited and hope to have it by the end of February.

Options:
8 passenger and 20" wheels
Advanced tech
Theater group
Splash guards
Vacuum delete

I've been keeping up with all of the known issues. Hope most are ironed out by the time mine is built.[/QUOT

·
Registered
172 Posts
curious what made you decide to go with gasoline VS hybrid ? cheaper and stow and go?

imo having 30 miles of pure electric drive is a no brainer as it covers 90% of my commute and cost only $5k more after incentive

·
Registered
46 Posts
having 30 miles of pure electric drive is a no brainer as it covers 90% of my commute and cost only $5k more after incentive
My commute is also 15 miles each way but I bought the limited and not the hybrid. Technically my commute would be all electric too, but I did not go with the hybrid for the following reasons:
- I do not have a garage, so removing the second row seats and storing them would not be easy
- if I ever have to haul a large object unexpectedly, I stow and go. No pre-planning of seat removal need
- I pay about $30/week in gas, which is $1,560 a year. So it would take a little over 3 years for the hybrid to pay off (assuming the difference is $5k like you say). In 3 years hybrid technology can change drastically. Chrysler is already talking about a full battery van. So at this point in time I don't think making the investment is worthwhile, but will strongly consider it in the future after Chrysler has a few years of practice under their belt.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My commute is also 15 miles each way but I bought the limited and not the hybrid. Technically my commute would be all electric too, but I did not go with the hybrid for the following reasons:
- I do not have a garage, so removing the second row seats and storing them would not be easy
- if I ever have to haul a large object unexpectedly, I stow and go. No pre-planning of seat removal need
- I pay about $30/week in gas, which is $1,560 a year. So it would take a little over 3 years for the hybrid to pay off (assuming the difference is $5k like you say). In 3 years hybrid technology can change drastically. Chrysler is already talking about a full battery van. So at this point in time I don't think making the investment is worthwhile, but will strongly consider it in the future after Chrysler has a few years of practice under their belt.

the last point you made is actually invalid, the hybrid is cheaper after incentive compared to similar gasoline trim, yes stow and go would be a bummer without a garage but unless you plan on changing seating configuration a lot not really a good enough justification to ignore the electric drive awesomeness with the better deal thx to incentive

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
the hybrid is cheaper after incentive compared to similar gasoline trim
Unfortunately, there is no direct apples to apples comparison. The Platinum seems to fall somewhere between the Touring L Plus and the Limited. And for some people, the niceties in the Limited that are omitted from the hybrid are deal-breakers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It seems like the Hybrid Platinum is closer to the Touring-L Plus. They are priced about the same after incentives when optioned similarly. The only reasons to get the Limited over either the Plus or Platinum appear to be:

*) Mocha seats
*) Seat memory
*) Sunroof (available on Platinum)
*) Vacuum
*) Rims

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went for the gasoline due to to 2nd row Stow n go, vented seats, and HID.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We are waiting on the Silver Teal color to be released. Although, our reason for the hybrid are many... the mass of technology put into it & bespoke features of the PHEV, the fuel savings, the special Juno Alaska Glacier inspired Silver Teal color, and most importantly a way to contribute positively toward the cause of reducing CO2 emissions. Our local power is partially renewable with 1 solar farm up and running with another on the way. So, charging during the day will be most definitely more eco friendly. We can sacrifice some of the niceties of the Limited for something that can make a difference in this world :)

our .02

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another thing I noticed is that metro Detroit is not very plug-in friendly. I'd only be able to charge at home hence I'd be running on gasoline far too often to see any real fuel savings.

If we had more charging options or even If I could just charge while at work, I'd be more compelled to go with the PHEV.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts