2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 17’ Pacifica Limited from a Chrysler dealership as a CPO used in 2018 with 20k miles. With CPO you get the 7yr 100k power train warranty. I’m at 99,399 miles and I just got the dreaded P0301 misfire cylinder. Might be plugs or coils, who knows. But with my 2011 Town and Country years ago I got the same message and we needed to replace the head after a leak down test. Any idea how to look up this CPO warranty ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I ended up calling the Chrysler customer service number. I got right thru and they verified the CPO warranty on file. Also got a follow up call from an inquiry email I sent to the dealership I purchased the car from confirming the same details.

·
Administrator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,943 Posts
Be sure you get it into a dealer and have the mileage documented ASAP in case it is the issue many are seeing here with the head gasket leaking , and/ or engine block cracked. Have them check for that before you hit the 100K limit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be sure you get it into a dealer and have the mileage documented ASAP in case it is the issue many are seeing here with the head gasket leaking , and/ or engine block cracked. Have them check for that before you hit the 100K limit.
Good advice Peter, can’t get in until Friday. Have 99,239 miles. Renting a car and letting the car sit in the driveway. When this happened to my 2011 T&C of course they want to change the plugs and coils and to find out a week later when the MIL came on that it was the head. Im going to request a leak down test to be sure seeing I’m so close to my warranty expiration. Additionally, the Chrysler service associate I spoke to today documented my mileage and said to call back if I should encounter any issues.

·
Administrator
1,943 Posts
The Chrysler rep recording what you said the mileage is might help. But unless a Chrysler rep/dealer actually sees and records the mileage you could be in for a he said she said battle if it comes to the warranty.
I wish you luck.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Good advice Peter, can’t get in until Friday. Have 99,239 miles. Renting a car and letting the car sit in the driveway. When this happened to my 2011 T&C of course they want to change the plugs and coils and to find out a week later when the MIL came on that it was the head. Im going to request a leak down test to be sure seeing I’m so close to my warranty expiration. Additionally, the Chrysler service associate I spoke to today documented my mileage and said to call back if I should encounter any issues.
I would go further and take a pic when your at in service with service order beside the mileage on dash

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just dropped the car off. Service advisor seemed annoyed at my persistence of not throwing parts (plugs/coils) at it based on my prior experience with my 2011 and that my warranty has 750 miles left on it. His rebuttal was you at 99,250 miles and the plugs are rated at 100K. I said I know but I don’t want assumptions made like my last car and when plugs/coils were replaced then 600 miles later same check engine light and magically it get diagnosed as a head problem. I don’t have the miles before the warranty expiration. Any thoughts of how I should handle this when they call me back with a diagnosis? By the way diagnosis fee already $180.

·
Administrator
1,943 Posts
What you will want/need to do depends on what the dealer tests and what the results are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dealership just called and assured me that they diagnosed it as a bad spark plug. Hope their right have 750 miles on the 100k warranty. On a side note $750 to replace plugs and a $150 diagnosis fee is criminal!

·
Administrator
1,943 Posts
You should ask them to document your request for the detailed testing for a bad head gasket at your current mileage. And be sure you get a copy of it. It might help if you go back after hitting 100K and have a bad head or engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts