2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pac Hybrid Limited, Bright White
149 Posts
My 2021 Pachy is not part of this Recall.
Yet....

While we don't have an engineer to confirm - it's highly suspected that the later year models are using the same design based on part number reuse. IF the cause is the same as the Chevy Bolt + Kia recalls (IE defective batteries), then it's quite possible that the recall will extended to models all the way up to 2021 or 2022. AFAWK, the fires have only been reported in the 2017-2018 model years.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
773 Posts
Yet....

While we don't have an engineer to confirm - it's highly suspected that the later year models are using the same design based on part number reuse. IF the cause is the same as the Chevy Bolt + Kia recalls (IE defective batteries), then it's quite possible that the recall will extended to models all the way up to 2021 or 2022. AFAWK, the fires have only been reported in the 2017-2018 model years.
The battery part number is the same but the last letter has been incremented a lot since the pack was introduced. What possible changes there are that caused those letter changes we don’t know. This pack was also out of production for maybe a year or so I think I read. Between the 2018 and 2020 model years I thought. So we don’t know what changes could have happened between then. It’s interesting that the problem seems to be 2017-2018 so far. If we don’t start seeing 2019s going up in flames soon that’s definitely a signal. This is all assuming that it’s the pack in the first place. Again we don’t know. There’s lots of stuff in a van that’s happy to burn that would then overheat the battery, causing a runaway. Time will tell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm a reporter with The Wall Street Journal, and I'm hoping to talk with consumers about this issue. If you would like to talk, please feel free to send me a message and I'll reply.
Glad to have an investigative reporter looking into this. Just sent a PM. Willing to discuss further and how frustrating it is to have an electric family vehicle that I can neither use as an electric or put my family in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I spoke with a Chrysler Rep on the phone Tuesday and was told that they have recently come up with a solution for the recall, but no ETA for parts etc. I believe August was mentioned in our conversation, but I'll take that with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I spoke with a Chrysler Rep on the phone Tuesday and was told that they have recently come up with a solution for the recall, but no ETA for parts etc. I believe August was mentioned in our conversation, but I'll take that with a grain of salt.
Interesting. He didn’t mention anything about what the solution involves?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts