2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also completed our first long road trip. Left Friday the 7th in the morning, returned Wednesday the 12th in the evening. From Calgary AB to Surrey BC. Just under 1000km one way, driving through the Rockies. So plenty of up and down. 3 kids in the back. 8 year old and 5 year old in 3rd row. 22 month old in the 2nd row center seat. 2nd row outboard seats stowed for the trip. Love the completely flat floor space. No magic slide rails getting in the way. I must say I was a bit worried before the trip, as I had never owned a Chrysler before, even though we've owned the Pacifica since Oct with almost no issues (aside from being unable to turn off ParkSense). But man, NO issues at all. Uconnect worked great. Had NES Classic and Amazon Fire Stick hooked up, along with USB drive with bunch of movies and Teen Titans Go! episodes. Such a smooth drive. AC on most of the time with fan speed on lowest setting. Was nice to be able to un-stow 2nd row seats so cousin and his wife could ride with us to go out for lunch. With other minivans, not an option. Seats would have been left at home in the garage in order to travel in limo-mode.

All in all, a pleasant drive. ACC is such a game-changer. Even better to have full ACC at low speeds, unlike the new '18 Ody. Ran into a few areas around Rogers Pass where we stopped due to construction, and I let ACC take care of the driving.

We will be taking another road trip in August, this time heading east to Winnipeg. No mountains, instead just boring flatland, and 1300km of it.

First pic taken after arriving at my cousin's place in Surrey. I started the trip after we left the outskirts of Calgary. 8.6L/100km = 27MPG

Second pic taken after arriving back home. Trip was from house to house. 7.8L/100km = 30MPG

3rd pic I took when we went through the tunnels. Pretty cool how it actually knows and showed a picture of a tunnel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Nice. I had the same results from our big trip to Orlando. Its such an awesome road trip car. Not a single problem. We're up to 8500 miles now. Taken it to shorter trips, Austin and we are loving it much better than our last Odyssey.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its good to see people like Norbert, who has owned his fair share of Odysseys in the past, but was willing to appreciate what the Pacifica has to offer. Over on the Ody forum, plenty of complaints about quality, features not working, features missing, etc. Yet posts always end with their love for it. I'm not saying you can't love your vehicle, but at some point, you have to take off the Honda fanboy glasses, and realize Honda isn't what it used to be. There was a post awhile back in Jan, with links to two videos showing the production lines for the Pacifica and a Honda line. It mentioned "dangerous" and "flammable loose shirts" and "absent minded faces" on the Pacifica video. Seems to me the Alabama plant is guilty of plenty of quality issues on the '18 Ody. I know the Pacifica, for some people, has been a nightmare, and it can happen to anyone, with any vehicle. But I haven't seen as many quality control related posts on here. Nothing about misaligned bumpers, doors, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts