2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just filled the tank for the 2nd time tonight. 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

Our first tank was about 550'ish miles (filled about 14 gallons of gas I think), but less than 24 hours after buying the vehicle and we drove it (2 adults, 3 kids + child seats + our stuff) across mountain passes, etc with only 1 or 2 full charges of battery. We ended up with about 34mpg.

Tonight I filled up the tank (about 12.5 gallons) with 670'ish miles traveled. 52mpg. If you add in the cost of electricity for the times we charged the battery, we get closer to 45mpg equivalent.

Mostly we are getting about 20 to 25 miles per full battery charge, definitely due to outside temps ranging from 20f to 40f right now and using the heater. I expect our mileage will continue to increase, but moreso once the weather gets warmer.

My guess is that in the warmer months (temps above 50) we'll land somewhere around 65mpg with our driving and charging habits. I read a lot of EV/PHEV articles lately and it's odd to me when reading about, say the Prius getting praise for mid 50's MPG where people are driving similarly as we do with our Pacifica, but we are getting almost exact same MPG and we are doing it in a friggin minivan. lol

So far so good, enjoying the van!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Enjoy that great mileage as your passing those gas stations...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts