2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Looking to buy a 2017 touring L with 93k for 10k. The seller bought the car with a rebuilt title and drove it for 50k miles no problems.
I can see hes having trouble selling it because price has come down significantly. Can we assume any flood issues will not arise on future?. Ive heard some vehicles "flooded" are barely submerged and declared total loss
I have also seen on these boards to stay away from 2017

·
Registered
322 Posts
Personally, I'd pass on a flood vehicle. With flood damage it can take time for possible corrosion issues to manifest in the electronics systems of which the Pacifica has many. Once the gremlins start showing up it's a headache to track them down in a non-flooded vehicle let alone one that was sitting in water for an extended amount of time.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,207 Posts
If it's been 3+ years since it was flooded, drives fine during the test drive, and doesn't have any obvious issues, I say jump on it. Any issues that could be directly attributed to the flood would have shown up by now if the vehicle meets the aforementioned criteria. For only $10k you can't really go wrong IMO, especially in today's market.

Now if it was flooded and the previous owner put 50k on it within the last year, I'd be a lot more hesitant to bite.

Reactions: DoninDel

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have trouble thinking anyone can truly predict the risk from prior flood damage on that specific vehicle at this point, but unless your planning to drive it until you scrap it you can be assured you also will have trouble with any resale. If your test drive yields no obvious issues I certainly wouldn’t be too concerned about the vehicle being a 2017 model. Given the Pacifica in question looks good and runs well I think I would focus on doing A thorough test of each window, door, door lock, radio, lights, HVAC, etc. Then take the purchase risk accordingly.

·
Premium Member
2021 pacifica touring L. red velvet
52 Posts
Have you checked the title? had a flood truck once, very short time, discovered, truck in flood, then, sold from one auction, to another, & another, from state to state, “title washed”.

Was a beautiful truck, was less than 1 year when in flood, big mess, no matter what parts were changed, more issues showed up, you have to look in evey crevice to tell how much flood. Lift rug, silt can still be found

have they replaced wire harness? Ours had been spliced in… computers, etc……truck, was 4 years since flood and still issues showing up.….we were lucky, we’re able to return it

most flood vehicles, after passing from auction, to auction, end up in other countries, like Belize, where they are sold at high prices, and they fail to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts