2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out if the teething problems have all been worked out by now and if there are any major lingering issues. This is an expensive investment and I want to make sure that Chrysler got the main bits of this system and architecture right and that if the initial bugs can be resolved in the warranty period, that the vehicle will last. I usually buy a product for life and have only owned Japanese brands before.

A little concerning to me is that this product is now a special order item and I'm not sure if that's because of low demand or because Chrysler isn't actively marketing / pushing the product because of high warranty costs at their end.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I bought mine 15 months ago. Zero problems.

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
344 Posts
Apart from the isolator post recall, zero issues on our 2020 over the 6 months we've had it.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
162 Posts
2020 pac hybrid limited, almost 6000 miles, only issue besuides the recall, is an intermittent wifi that always works for the dealer.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My 2018 Hybrid - no problems, 2 recalls
My 2020 Hybrid - no problems
SIL 2020 Hybrid - she got a CEL and they had to reprogram the Electronic Brake Booster Module and the Powertrain Control Module

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
77 Posts
New in June. 4300 miles. Mostly one long trip. My trips are primarily electric. No real issues. I had trouble with powering on a couple times. It would not move. I don't know if this was a real problem or operator error. It was when I first got it, and has not happened since.

All in all I'm quite happy with it. Like you I keep my cars for a long time. We had our Hondas 20 years.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited w/ Advanced SafetyTec
25 Posts
1950 miles and no issues so far. Not many miles but chipping in.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
2018 , no issues aside from the post terminal check up . Mileage is 40 thousand kms , I know Canadian ... lol.... lots road trips , daily driver and average 34 mpg in last 7000kms and haven’t charged it at home in that time frame . Was curious to see what mileage would be and still impresses me everyday . Good luck on your decision .

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
139 Posts
2020 bought in May, built right before they shut down the factory in Windsor mid-March for covid. Perhaps in their haste to get out of there, the line workers put old tires (unused but made in Feb 2018) on the back which made it ride harsh, but an honest dealership service department (out of 3 I went to) replaced them with new ones without even calling FCA. Isolator post recall was no big deal, and in the rearview for all vans sold now. Otherwise solid, but I've had a string of Toyotas and Subarus before this, so we shall see how it is in 2027...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mine was delivered in December 2019. 11,500 miles, no problems of which to speak, apart from the isolator post recall and a replaced rear carpet (rearmost cargo area), done quickly under warranty. All service has been under 2-3 hours, scheduled promptly after I call in. Absolutely LOVE the PacHy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Pleckerling, how would you compare the hybrid integration (drivetrain smoothness / 'polish') on the Pacifica against the Rav4 Hybrid that you have? Do you feel it's better integrated or worse?

I have yet to actually drive a Pacifica Hybrid hence the question (I've driven the regular Pacifica and think it's an excellent driving vehicle - really well engineered)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I traded the Rav4 to purchase the PacHy, so I haven't had them side by side to drive. But I haven't noticed any meaningful difference in the way they drive (smoothness/polish). The V6 in the PacHy is definitely quieter than the 4 cylinder in the Rav4. The limited ability of the Rav4 to accelerate without the ICE kicking in actually means that I think the PacHy is a bit smoother. I know it's not apples to apples, and electric operation isn't the raison d'etre of the Rav4, but in practice it's nice to be able to accelerate all the way up to highway speed (at a reasonable rate of acceleration, obviously) in the PacHy without the engine kicking in. Complaints that I've heard on the forum about strange noises while engaging the regenerative brakes are no different from what I used to hear in the Rav4.

Reactions: rosskoss

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yeah I’m so not a fan of putting a 4 cyl motor in a big vehicle and loading it up and running ac , etc . Something about a tight get out way situation doesn’t hold well with me with a 5000 lb van and then occupants , that 4 cyl will be not capable in my eyes . The write up of new sienna motor trend said exact thing that stepping on it makes the motor scream , some manufactures have some really dumbass ideas .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Something is up with Toyota as of late - some of their engines are unrefined and coarse, interiors are sometimes cheap feeling...not sure what's happening. I still believe that the reliability is there but the focus on quality seems to be a little bit of a miss.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Problem today is a lot manufactures have closed gaps for design , cost , manufacturing , quality and the margins are not what they used to be . So now it’s take a penny out of this and that and this something has to give . I just can’t grasp my head around that interior on Sienna and a screaming 4 cyl on acceleration . I don’t care what anybody says a non plug in hybrid isn’t going to give you an absurd amount of mpg with a 4 cyl for yearly driving conditions . Ask Honda why they have a 6 cyl in their van even without anything remotely hybrid or plug in . I’d like to rent one for a month and drive it same way I drive my Pacifica and see what real world mileage would be .

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
162 Posts
That is one thing that sold me on the Pacifica hybrid, basically the same engine as the gas version, just added the hybrid, and super simple trans. Not too many cases of getting great mileage, and longevity out of a small engine that you work hard.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts