2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
162 Posts
It’s a 3.6 yes but there are numerous variances between the Ice and the electric version
More parts in common, then different. Not like using a 4 cyl for a hybrid, and a 6 for the gas version.

Do you troll everybody, or just me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
2018 hybrid limited here. they fixed an issue where after you turn the car off and then back on, and the car hasn't shut off uconnect, then the A/V app for controlling the backseat freezes. Ask for the latest video module upgrade. the only other thing i've seen is that sometimes the alarm will go off when you open the door, and twice over the last 3 years, the dvd video, if you have it up, and then reverse and go into drive, will stay on the main screen when it shouldn't. other '18 limited issues have all been fixed in newer models like not having seat memory or folding mirrors.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
18 Posts
I'm trying to figure out if the teething problems have all been worked out by now and if there are any major lingering issues. This is an expensive investment and I want to make sure that Chrysler got the main bits of this system and architecture right and that if the initial bugs can be resolved in the warranty period, that the vehicle will last. I usually buy a product for life and have only owned Japanese brands before.

A little concerning to me is that this product is now a special order item and I'm not sure if that's because of low demand or because Chrysler isn't actively marketing / pushing the product because of high warranty costs at their end.
I've only had mine a month or so. Is quick for a minivan, we had a Sedona before. The EV mode appears to work well, we had an Altima previously which was one of the smoothest cars I have driven. The storage is a bit more sparse than the Sedona but has some smart storage like a visor clip for the insurance card, a place for your wet umbrella.

The screen appears to gather finger prints, I have just put a screen protector on so hopefully that is resolved.

As for special order, my dealer had about 20 on the lot and other dealers all had stock in my area.

Crash test ratings were similar to that of the Kia but the PacHy weighs about 2000 lbs more.

The active noise cancellation works really well, it is a very quiet ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm trying to figure out if the teething problems have all been worked out by now and if there are any major lingering issues. This is an expensive investment and I want to make sure that Chrysler got the main bits of this system and architecture right and that if the initial bugs can be resolved in the warranty period, that the vehicle will last. I usually buy a product for life and have only owned Japanese brands before.

A little concerning to me is that this product is now a special order item and I'm not sure if that's because of low demand or because Chrysler isn't actively marketing / pushing the product because of high warranty costs at their end.
I bought mine in April, a 2020 Hybrid 35th anniversary package. Ours didn't take a full charge from the first night we brought it home, and consequently wouldn't get the full battery range. Took 3 trips to the dealer and a case with a Chrysler case manager to get it properly diagnosed and fixed, but finally a couple software updates fixed the issue. If doing it again I'd ask them to charge it before I took delivery and make sure it took a full charge to 100%. Seems to be working fine now.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited 35th Anniversary, White w/Black and Cranberry
11 Posts
Similar to Annie, we'd purchased a 2020 Hybrid Ltd 35 Anniversary edition in May... we love it... it was an awkward time during the W-46 recall situation, but its all been rectified, and seemingly all is well... We only charge with the Chrysler Level 1 Charger in our garage, and our mileage is low - 2500 miles so far. Aside of the W-46, we've only had a few rattles and ticking sounds from the sliding doors and the headliner (we have the tripanel roof). We had a Durango before, and that also had some rattles and ticks that were found and solved in the first year or two. Love the Luxury - as well as the Utility, and for us - as we mix Electric only driving with some Hybrid driving - getting a combined 45mpg is heaven compared to the ridiculous 13-15mpg combined in the Hemi Durango. Definitely recommend this vehicle!

·
Registered
2018 PacHy Limited Ocean Blue Metallic. Tri-Pane Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Uconnect Theater.
7 Posts
Bought mine 18 months ago, a handful of times (maybe four or five total) I have had the dashboard light up and the windshield wipers come on and not be able to be turned off. Took it to the dealer twice and they were not able to diagnose since the problem is intermittent. It seems better, only happened once since March. But that is probably due to not driving nearly as much. It’s a CAN bus error of some sort, because the last one happened after I installed my Comma2 and it gave me an LKAS error. But until it becomes a hard failure it likely won’t be able to be fixed. It’s annoying, but overall I am very happy with the Pachy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2018 hybrid limited here. they fixed an issue where after you turn the car off and then back on, and the car hasn't shut off uconnect, then the A/V app for controlling the backseat freezes. Ask for the latest video module upgrade. the only other thing i've seen is that sometimes the alarm will go off when you open the door, and twice over the last 3 years, the dvd video, if you have it up, and then reverse and go into drive, will stay on the main screen when it shouldn't. other '18 limited issues have all been fixed in newer models like not having seat memory or folding mirrors.
Tritonx, did they fix the UConnect issue? I wasn't aware of this.... When did you get the fix, and has it definitively solved the issue?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Purchased mine on 8/31. Going back to the service dept next week for it's 3rd Check Engine Light. Sucks, but it is what it is. 1st time, something misfiring in the fuel line? 2nd time, they said cooling system. Both time, they had the car for half a day and supplied me with a loaner. I'm starting to think they don't know what the problem is though.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Purchased mine on 8/31. Going back to the service dept next week for it's 3rd Check Engine Light. Sucks, but it is what it is. 1st time, something misfiring in the fuel line? 2nd time, they said cooling system. Both time, they had the car for half a day and supplied me with a loaner. I'm starting to think they don't know what the problem is though.

@loveithateit,
Please feel free to reach out to us privately if we can be of any assistance. We'd be glad to help.

Lamar
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tritonx, did they fix the UConnect issue? I wasn't aware of this.... When did you get the fix, and has it definitively solved the issue?
Sorry for the late reply! They flashed the video sub-unit with the latest firmware. It has definitely helped. Before, we could reproduce the problem every time. Now, it only happens maybe 1 in 4 times? Also, 1 in 4 times it does black out, but recovers in about 30 seconds. The remaining 2 in 4 times, it works with no problems. This is after about a month's worth of using it.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
18 Posts
I'm not sure if it's my phone, but I keep having issues with connecting to Android auto where it will sometimes lock up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not a biggie but was disappointed that my 2021 Pachy Limited was delivered on Dec 30th with the chrome strips below the doors missing on the drivers side. The dealership had to order and got service to install it. I had to wait a few days for the part to arrive and waited 4 hours at the dealership today for them to install as service centers are thinly staffed. I offered to stick it on myself to save time but was told that is not permitted..am not impressed with Chrysler's QC and have my fingers crossed that the Chrome strip is the only thing that they forgot to install 🤞

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Hybrid
12 Posts
Had ours for 2 months now, just over 1k miles. We had the check engine light come on while my wife was running errands and she said it was running rough when the ICE kicked on. Started it up at home and plugged in my OBDII adapter and found it was getting multiple cylinder misfires. Took it to dealer and they found a TSB for bad spark plugs. They replaced all 6 and it's been running fine since.

·
Registered
317 Posts
50,000km, no issues, just a quick recall.Wish there were more 240V places to plug in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had ours for 2 months now, just over 1k miles. We had the check engine light come on while my wife was running errands and she said it was running rough when the ICE kicked on. Started it up at home and plugged in my OBDII adapter and found it was getting multiple cylinder misfires. Took it to dealer and they found a TSB for bad spark plugs. They replaced all 6 and it's been running fine since.
Will need to keep an eye on this one! We also have just about 2 months and 1,000 miles. No lights so far knock on wood but will be watching now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What OBDII adapter are you using?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not a biggie but was disappointed that my 2021 Pachy Limited was delivered on Dec 30th with the chrome strips below the doors missing on the drivers side. The dealership had to order and got service to install it. I had to wait a few days for the part to arrive and waited 4 hours at the dealership today for them to install as service centers are thinly staffed. I offered to stick it on myself to save time but was told that is not permitted..am not impressed with Chrysler's QC and have my fingers crossed that the Chrome strip is the only thing that they forgot to install 🤞
Reminds me of when we got our WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2011, early in the production of the all-new gen, Saw plenty of forum reports on people that had the wrong grille inserts for their respective trim (Overland, Limited, Laredo) etc.

When 1 car rolls off the car every minute and people are blindly slapping things on in whatever order they've been sequenced by the supplier and operations company, I'm sure things like this happen. Really hope that's the only thing "missing" haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems quite a few people with recent purchases have had to have spark plugs replaced due to CEL. I had to replace mine on Cylinder 5. I just called my dealership to confirm that TSB, but they couldn't find it. I've been dealing with CEL for months now. I no longer charge anymore just to make sure ICE is always running and problems will appear rather then be hidden.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What are you replacing the plugs with OEM? Could it be a heat range issue that was not factored in for the infrequency of driving that some owners will do with this van because 95+% is electric only leaving the ICE engine to get stagnant including the spark plugs? Just a theory...

21 - 40 of 40 Posts