2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, still having this issue. also cannot see any attachments

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
860 Posts
I'm having problems with the forum interface. The tabs at the top of the page don't pull down anymore.(see Pic). Also I'm not able to see attachments on posts. Did I push a wrong button to disable these functions?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Just checking semantics: When you say "pull down" you do not mean swiping on a touchscreen, ccorrect? They are either clickable links (if no arrow) or drop down lists when you hover (this is a Windows 10 PC.)

Couple of suggestions even before restarting as @Joyxpac suggested -- try another browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) Even if this solves it, a restart is usually advisable. If you don't have another browser installed, try a private/incognito window.

If that works, if you are using Firefox or Chrome, check if an update is pending.

Restarting usually cures these glitches. I would suggest a shutdown, followed by a power up (cold boot) rather than restart (warm boot.)

Not that this should apply here, but a totally cold boot involves powering off PC, pulling the plug and holding down the start button for 10 seconds to clear virtually all caches. On a laptop, you have to pull the battery out as well as unplugging the AC adapter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi
I am on a apple platform but I took the advice and tried a different browser. I was using FireFox but switched to Safari and everything seems to be ok. I'll have to figure out why because I like using FireFox more

Thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hi
I am on a apple platform but I took the advice and tried a different browser. I was using FireFox but switched to Safari and everything seems to be ok. I'll have to figure out why because I like using FireFox more

Thanks
Glad that helped. Not sure how to check for Firefox updates on the Apple version, but on Windows click on the 3 lines in the upper right, click on Help, then click on ABOUT. It will tell you if you are up to date or need to update.

And if restarting doesn't help, and you can't stand it, delete and reinstall. There should be tech tips on how to keep your bookmarks. You might lose saved passwords, but there might be a way to save them, too.

·
Administrator
305 Posts
I would suggest clearing your caches and cookies and see if that worked.
If you're accessing the site through a bookmark, please change the URL to https as we have migrated to SSL

Cheers,

Ed

·
Registered
860 Posts
I would suggest clearing your caches and cookies and see if that worked.
If you're accessing the site through a bookmark, please change the URL to https as we have migrated to SSL

Cheers,

Ed
Just a reminder that in most cases, if you clear cookies you may lose your automatic re-logins and you may have to re-authenticate secure sites like banks and credit cards that "recognize" your computer.

Just so you know ahead of time and don't start stretching your vocabulary.....

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I don't know what is happening to this site. It is no longer looking like it used to. I've tried opening it in safari as well as chrome but the complete interface looks different and looks like I'm reading text from a possessed computer in "safe mode". I tried my other computer as well but both are the same. Even operating from a cell phone looks different now.
Gone is the perfectly organized look and structure of the website. Is this an intentional change in the website or a temporary glitch?
I was using tapatalk on my phone before and didn't use computer for a while.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't know what is happening to this site. It is no longer looking like it used to. I've tried opening it in safari as well as chrome but the complete interface looks different and looks like I'm reading text from a possessed computer in "safe mode". I tried my other computer as well but both are the same. Even operating from a cell phone looks different now.
Gone is the perfectly organized look and structure of the website. Is this an intentional change in the website or a temporary glitch?
I was using tapatalk on my phone before and didn't use computer for a while.
The "enhanced mobile site view" or whatever it's called seems to be permanently disabled, at least for me using Chrome on Android. I can click the link at the bottom of the pages but the view doesn't change from the basic view. It's been this way for the last few days. I've switched to using the Tapatalk app instead.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm not seeing any change on the Windows 10 / Chrome interface.

When I pasted a hyperlink from this thread (https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/298-forum-information-help-bug-reports/38894-forum-interface-doesnt-work-corectly.html#post513196) into Firefox, I got a raw screen (no graphics,) but when I clicked on "my garage" it normalized and showed me logged in (it keeps me logged in.)

The mobile site did change a few days ago, but basically screen colors and the way to submit replies. But I can't seem to get the "full version" on the (Android) phone -- the button flickers when pressed, but the format is unchanged. Since the "enhanced mobile view" button is grayed out, I assume it is staying in mobile mode.
@PacificaAdmin -- anything we need to know?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Thank you. Exactly as you mentioned the raw screen without any graphics is driving me nuts.
I’m planning to switch back to using Tapatalk now.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I tried to duplicate the "raw" issue, but it is coming up properly so I think it is fixed. Thanks.

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Let me update -- not the original issue

I am seeing more strange characaters -- e.g. post 246 at https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/433-2017-chrysler-pacifica-phev-hybrid-general-discussion/38122-anyone-know-when-orders-2019%9Ds-starting-25.html#post530727 "I pick mine up tomorrow 😀"

I assume they are emoji's that have not translated properly when posted -- but don't know if that the app or browser being used.
Right, I have noticed that. Didn't know what the explanation was. -----> smile face? :smile2:
....seemed to work just now

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I think I tracked down at least one source of the spurious characters.

Look at post 20 in this thread: https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/193-2017-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-general-discussion/40293-low-ground-clearance-experiences-2.html#post531209

The characters ’ ( a with a carat, euro sign, trademark symbol if they don't come through) are where apostrophes should be. I don't know what browser @Bond007 used.
I was using an iPhone with safari browser. It auto corrects a lot of stuff so may be there is an issue there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts