2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that we have too many subforums. They repeat themselves and it is often difficult to decide where to post. For example, I'm planning a post about dash cam installation. What is the good place for it?

Reading is just as difficult. Most active members simply use the "New Posts" feature.
Can we simplify the forum? IMHO it will improve user experience.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
The issue is that when using a phone for browsing, many features are trimmed down and we use new posts for ease of use. I agree there has to be a better way to do things.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thanks,

If there's a demand for this from the community, we can get this passed onto the other admins and mods and see if they'll approve it.
Let us know your thoughts on this

Ed
Personally, I'd like to see the forum split in two, having a separate one for hybrids. There is really very little overlap between issues relating to the gas and hybrid versions.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Personally I find the term 'Electronics' way too vague.

The other two are so close. 'What did you do today..' is more of a bragging post or humor post. The problem is when people ask questions to those posts. It turns into a post that should have started with that question in the 'Accessories and Add Ons' section.

If those questions bring a few pages of answers, there is a chance those follow up questions have answers that are already given in other posts.

So. Just an opinion. By their nature the "What did you.." and the "Accessories and add ons." sections will naturally develop similarities between the posts (The FIRST post is supposed to be the questions.) The followup answers and off-topic responses is what causes so many posts to become merged.

"I installed a camera system today." --> What did you do today to your Pacifica.

"I'm thinking of installing a camera system today." --> Accesories and Add Ons

"I'm thinking of installing a camera system too. How did you..? --> Accidentally asked a question in the 'What did you do today' thread that should have been a new post in the 'Accessories...' forum. But that is a pretty thin distinction and is bound to stray between the two sub-forums.

So. I don't think I added anything to the thread. :) But those are my thoughts on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally, I'd like to see the forum split in two, having a separate one for hybrids. There is really very little overlap between issues relating to the gas and hybrid versions.
This can be solved by a better moderation. Both vans are identical outside of the powertrains. It should be a rule that only hybrid specific issues should be discussed in the hybrid forums. Everything else- chassis, interior, audio, etc should be moved to the general forums. There is no need to have separate Uconnect or peeling paint threads discussing the same things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts