2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should there be sound coming out of the front door speakers? Whether I have surround sound on or not nothing but a hum comes out of these speakers? Is this normal?

·
Registered
293 Posts
It depends, does your Pacifica have the noise cancelation feature? If so, it is designed to send out frequencies to cancel out engine and exhaust noise. If you have the microphones in the ceiling in the front and back, then you have noise cancelation technology in your Pacifica. If I remember correctly, the Touring L Plus you have is the trim level noise cancelation beings. This is part of the Alpine 13 speaker and Harman Kardon 20 speaker systems.

Owners Manual Page 293

ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION
Your vehicle is equipped with an Active Noise Cancellation
System. This system is designed to address exhaust and
engine noise. The system relies on four microphones
embedded in the headliner, which monitor exhaust and
engine noise, and assists an onboard frequency generator,
which creates counteracting sound waves in the audio
system’s speakers. This helps keep the vehicle quiet at idle
and during drive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh so that explains it. Almost seems like a waste of speakers lol. I guess i will leave surround sound on, although it doesn't make that much of a difference in the drivers area.

It depends, does your Pacifica have the noise cancelation feature? If so, it is designed to send out frequencies to cancel out engine and exhaust noise. If you have the microphones in the ceiling in the front and back, then you have noise cancelation technology in your Pacifica. If I remember correctly, the Touring L Plus you have is the trim level noise cancelation beings. This is part of the Alpine 13 speaker and Harman Kardon 20 speaker systems.

Owners Manual Page 293

ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION
Your vehicle is equipped with an Active Noise Cancellation
System. This system is designed to address exhaust and
engine noise. The system relies on four microphones
embedded in the headliner, which monitor exhaust and
engine noise, and assists an onboard frequency generator,
which creates counteracting sound waves in the audio
system’s speakers. This helps keep the vehicle quiet at idle
and during drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts