2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, new to this forum and this may have already been answered especially as the 17’s have been around awhile. I have one with 42k on the clock and a CPO warranty with time & mileage left a plenty. With that being said, I don’t want to wait too long. Online I’ve seen a lot of issues with front struts, strut mounts, and lower control arm issues. Is there anyone here with a 2017 that has already gone through this repair process and give me pointers on what to ask for, what to state, and any overall opinions how to get this addressed in a timely manner. Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Tom

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a 2017 about 80km. I have no Issues with front end so far. Your dealer would just change out the front end because you think its not up to par. Are you having issues with the front end? If not, your 99% of owners who has no issues and should be ok.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Your not going to get remedy unless you have front issues related to
There has been plenty of documented suspension issues here. Much more than 1% of owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTEi

if your vehicle isn’t experiencing any symptoms related to struts , control arms , sway bars ,etc, you can’t just perceive problems because of the vehicles age . If the Pacifica has one million builds and there’s 100 people on forum commenting on issues that doesn’t quantify all vehicles will have potential issues . Suspension issues in vehicles aren’t just in direst correlation to parts going bad , there a ton of indirect variables .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your not going to get remedy unless you have front issues related to
The dealer came back and stated the noises were coming from the Rack n Pinion. At 42k they state it needs to be replaced. It’s not covered under the Chryler’s CPO warranty even though it went out 6 days after the CPO’s 90 day bumper to bumper warranty ended. The steering wheel has now locked into place for just a moment twice while turning a corner. I’ve reported Chrysler to the government agency (NHTSA) as I’ve now come across other people with the same issue. I’m 50 years old and have had more cars than I can remember off hand, many went over 100k before selling or trading in. Not a single one ever needed their rack and pinion replaced. Chrysler says this is normal, maybe it’s normal for Chrysler. Car is now sitting while I wait to hear back from NHTSA. My first and LAST Chrysler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts