2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New 2017 pacifica owner here! Haven't seen another thread on this.
The lower front large draw in the center that has the button to push and pull out the big draw, the button is pushed in and loose in there. As a result, no way to open that draw. Any ideas, or has that happened to anyone else? Hoping for a possible easy fix before losing a day at the dealer. would also like to get the draw open, as I have valuables in there i'd like to not really trust the dealer with.
Thanks!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I just went out in the garage to take a look at the drawer and the button. The bad news is, the actual latch apparently is in the back part of the drawer. I was hoping you could slide something in at the top of the drawer and trip the latch to open it. It would appear that the button actually has a direct rod or something that unlatches the mechanism way under the dash. If you had a long flat piece of metal that you could slide in at the top of the drawer and reach all the way back perhaps you could push a spring loaded locking mechanism up and then pull the drawer out. On the other hand there could be a small chance that a piece of paper or cardboard that was in your drawer got wedged between the drawer and the latch. That may explain why the button is not functioning. Should that be the case, you may need to just pull harder on the drawer to open it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts