2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
May be you should get some snow tires instead of tow hooks.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats sorta where I was going, but he hasn't answered back.
I took my Bridgestone 18" off my van at 12k miles as they were obscenely useless in snow. Put on GoodYear Weatheready and the difference is astounding.
Tow hooks will allow one to pull out a stuck van from a drift, but tow hooks will not help the van to stop better or corner better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats sorta where I was going, but he hasn't answered back.
I took my Bridgestone 18" off my van at 12k miles as they were obscenely useless in snow. Put on GoodYear Weatheready and the difference is astounding.
Tow hooks will allow one to pull out a stuck van from a drift, but tow hooks will not help the van to stop better or corner better.
Think I will get these and see how they do. BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT 235/60R18

The stock 18's are pure garbage in snow.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lipster, I have a brand new 2019 with Nexen 18". So full tread depths. They are horrid in Denver snow/ice. The worst all-seasons in snow I've driven on. On normal conditions they're wonderful, smooth, quiet, etc. The michelin 18's on my 2018 were only slightly better. Still pretty bad.

For tires, I'd look at the CrossClimates if you aren't interested in switching them out seasonally. Especially given your current mileage. Otherwise, any snow tire will be better than the OEMs. And to specifically address your original request of hooks—I'd recommend an aftermarket tow hitch if you're interested in having something to hook on to.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Now I’m kind of interested to know, just in case the car needs towed, where do they attach the hooks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts