2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2020 Pacifica, just purchased new a month ago- right now I have 800 miles on it. I noticed about 400 miles ago that whenever I was in park with engine on, the front seats had a slight vibration. (not felt in back). it is enough that if I had a glass of water in the front cup holder you would see the water vibrate. It also seems to now be happening when I am braking at stop lights. Anyone else experiencing this? It is slight enough that I have a feeling Chrysler will tell me its normal, but it doesn't feel normal. thank you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I assume you have non-hybrid Pacifica. My 2017 idles smoothly in Park and at stop lights when engine is running. I would say that the vibration you described is not normal. However, if you have a hybrid Pacifica, I wouldn’t know if something from the hybrid system may cause a vibration.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone else experiencing this? It is slight enough that I have a feeling Chrysler will tell me its normal, but it doesn't feel normal. thank you!
Yes I do. I did bring it up with the local dealership when getting another issue looked into. They said it was 'bad' gas and then try Chevron/Arco gas and 91 octane instead of regular 87. I had doubts but the brand or octane of gas didnt make any difference. Given my experience with these guys, I doubt they will ever figure out anything and do other than rotate tires or an oil change. Im not sure if this is a serious issue or just something annoying. My van does have a rough idle since day 1.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2020 also has a rougher than expected idle. I expected it to go away after break-in. It hasn't. Not a deal breaker, but the used 2017 I test drove was smoother. I chalk it up to the torque converter being tight. If you shift to N, it seems to smooth out. All in the name of efficiency I suppose!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Blaming the gas is a cheap response. Bad gas does happen, but not as often as those "the customer is an annoying idiot" dealer responses. Lean on them, and get Chrysler involved. The seats should not shake when idling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is my second Pacifica and something definitely changed. I noticed the heavy idle from Day 1. I have yet to bring it in to the dealer. But we hardly drive it so it hasn't drove me crazy yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I noticed this idle issue from the day I did the test drive at the new car dealer. It is the way this engine idles at a stop while in drive. I suppose the RPM could be adjusted a bit higher at idle, but it does not bother me that much. Just put it in neutral if it annoys you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 Pacifica Touring L Plus and have the same issue. We have about 3000 miles on it. I've had it at the dealership twice - the first time they did a firmware update which did not improve anything. The second time at the dealership they were unable to replicate the issue but said they did a full diagnostic on the vehicle (didn't find any issues). The dealership also threw the poor quality gas excuse at me. I've tried using premium gas and still have the rough idle. This is extremely frustrating for a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I have a 2019 Pacifica Touring L Plus and have the same issue. We have about 3000 miles on it. I've had it at the dealership twice - the first time they did a firmware update which did not improve anything. The second time at the dealership they were unable to replicate the issue but said they did a full diagnostic on the vehicle (didn't find any issues). The dealership also threw the poor quality gas excuse at me. I've tried using premium gas and still have the rough idle. This is extremely frustrating for a brand new vehicle.
Hi bretteanderson86,

We understand how frustrating this experience has been for you. If you are unable to receive more feedback from here, we do recommend seeking an opinion from another dealer in your area if you feel your vehicle is not operating as designed. If you decide to schedule another appointment, please follow up with us privately.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue on a 2020 Touring L that we just purchased and have about 1800 miles on it. It's frustrating because this does not feel normal. I have zero confidence in my dealership as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Limited and mine idles smooth.

However, I can tell when the AC compressor is running things get a little noisy and rougher with the idle, but that's as expected "normal".

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I am having the same issue on a 2020 Touring L that we just purchased and have about 1800 miles on it. It's frustrating because this does not feel normal. I have zero confidence in my dealership as well.
Hi Minivanachoman,

We are sorry to hear of your concerns! Have you had the chance to alert your dealer of this? Please feel free to follow up privately with more details as we are happy to see how we can assist.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im pretty sure the dealership will tell you that you have 'bad gas', their default answer for anything and everything that they have no idea or dont want to fix under warranty. If I take my van to them with the same issue after 36k miles, they will want to inspect and change and fix half a dozen things , run up the bill , just to make the customer happy. yeah, sure. So far , theres not a single instance of anyone who reported this issue come back to say its fixed. After all, we all have the same bad gas!

Im very happy with the car otherwise, couple of issues here and there i can live with, Its a mechanical/electronic product with a million complicated subsystems and modules. But the dealership service experience, especially during the warranty period just sucks, to put it mildly, and I really doubt Chrysler or ChryslerCares can do squat about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im pretty sure the dealership will tell you that you have 'bad gas', their default answer for anything and everything that they have no idea or dont want to fix under warranty. If I take my van to them with the same issue after 36k miles, they will want to inspect and change and fix half a dozen things , run up the bill , just to make the customer happy. yeah, sure. So far , theres not a single instance of anyone who reported this issue come back to say its fixed. After all, we all have the same bad gas!

Im very happy with the car otherwise, couple of issues here and there i can live with, Its a mechanical/electronic product with a million complicated subsystems and modules. But the dealership service experience, especially during the warranty period just sucks, to put it mildly, and I really doubt Chrysler or ChryslerCares can do squat about it.
I figure this will happen. I will report back here. I have little confidence in this dealership.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My '17 limited idles much rougher than it should for a 50k+ vehicle. That said, you'll get used to it. At least it's obvious when the ESS kicks in at a stoplight. For the record, my '10 Town & Country also idled a bit rough. That 4.0 engine was very fun to drive. Felt way faster than the Pacifica.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi bretteanderson86,

We understand how frustrating this experience has been for you. If you are unable to receive more feedback from here, we do recommend seeking an opinion from another dealer in your area if you feel your vehicle is not operating as designed. If you decide to schedule another appointment, please follow up with us privately.

Alex
Chrysler Cares
I will be scheduling another appointment with a different dealership soon and will follow up with you. This doesn’t seem to be a common problem but I’ve found numerous complaints on this website as well as other forums of owners’ complaints with the rough idle/vibration. Is there any documentation or a TSB that I can recommend the dealership to review?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I will be scheduling another appointment with a different dealership soon and will follow up with you. This doesn’t seem to be a common problem but I’ve found numerous complaints on this website as well as other forums of owners’ complaints with the rough idle/vibration. Is there any documentation or a TSB that I can recommend the dealership to review?
Hi bretteanderson86,

Thanks for following up. We were able to locate STAR case number S1918000012 that may express similar concerns to the one you've expressed here. To ensure this applies, we would like to get you back into the dealer to have a qualified technician review the details of the STAR case and specifics of your vehicle. Once reviewed, the technician can then perform the repair procedure that best matches the symptoms and diagnosis of your vehicle.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

1 - 20 of 26 Posts