2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The small plastic plunger on the fuel door on my 2018 Pacifica broke its the small plastic plunger on the fuel side that inserts into the body part of fuel door body.
The fuel is a push style just push the door and it pops open.
This parts is detachable from the fuel door - I went to a Chrysler Dealer to get the part and was informed that the complete fuel door assembly would need to be purchased at a cost of $80.
This small plastic plunger is removable from the fuel door and cost for this should be minimal I would think.
Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of this situation - I would like to just get the straight plastic plunger and not have to purchase the whole fuel door assembly.
Looking for a part # if possible - I will probably be able to get this at junk yard.
Thanks for any help or ideas.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Hi macdog,

We are very sorry to hear of this happening! If you are unable to receive more feedback from here, please follow up with us via private message as we are happy to see if we are in a position to assist further from our end.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi macdog,

We are very sorry to hear of this happening! If you are unable to receive more feedback from here, please follow up with us via private message as we are happy to see if we are in a position to assist further from our end.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

Alex,
Thank You for your response.
The part that I'm looking for is the approx 2" plunger and rubber boot that is attached to the fuel door and when in working condition latches fuel door closed and with a touch of the door it pops open..
By sliding off the fuel you are able to see back side of plunger and insert screwdriver and with a quarter turn to plunger you are able to remove the plunger and rubber boot.
This is a very simple process to remove and replace plunger and boot.
My issue is that upon checking with Chrysler Dealer I was told that I would have to purchase the entire fuel door assembly at a cost of $80,
This part broke off (I don't know why) and the door does not latch or kick out when you press the door to refuel the vehicle.
I would like to be able to just purchase the plunger and rubber boot if possible, it not I will probably end up looking for one in a junk yard.

Once again Thank You for your care and response.
Richard Mckinnie

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Hey macdog,

We appreciate you following up. You may visit the following site to see available parts and accessories: Welcome to the Mopar Accessories and Parts Store.. However, as we are not mechanically trained on our end, we do recommend following up with your nearest servicing dealer. They will be able to advise further on how to obtain these items. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did yours just break so the door would not latch, or was the door 'locked' in the closed position? Today my fuel door will not open, its completely stuck. Took it to the dealer and two mechanics were trying to find the non-existent safety release. I wonder if other people have had an issue with this piece breaking? One has to wonder why there just one way to open the fuel door.

Where you able to find the part, or have to purchase the entire assembly? Were you able to replace it yourself? I'll be getting the quote tomorrow from the dealer, ugh. Thank you for your feedback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine broke while opening the door it was the small plunger piece which I pulled out of receiver easy enough.
The plunger part that I needed was easy to access by sliding off the fuel door and there it was I used a torque screwdriver to remove plunger piece no problem.
I took it to a dealership and was told that I could not just purchase the plunger piece that I would have to purchase the entire door assembly which was $80 not installed.
I did not purchase the assembly piece at this time I have been using a popsicle stick to open fuel door so far NP.
I was going to search junk yards for $1 plunger piece when they reopen in this state or take back the local dealer that I purchased vehicle from its still under warranty.
I searched the internet high and low looking for plunger part to no avail.
Local dealer is just getting ready to reopen service dept.
Chrysler did respond on this site but was no help at all.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. And I love the use of the popsicle stick :) True ingenuity to get around technology! The service guys said fixing ours might not be covered, I'm hoping it is. I'll report back what they say, and see what they have to say about that little plunger. So crazy.
Thanks for the reply :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts