2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2022 hybrid pinnacle
34 Posts
I bet oil part of FORM is to protect the engine if you decide to floor it. My ICE goes high revs right away! A couple of months of no oil pressure might leave the camshafts dry.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
My tank is full. Yes daily drive,60-65mls.
But have you added gas since FORM started? You have to have add the equivalent of 4-5 gallons since FORM started to satisfy the fuel requirement. And to satisfy the oil requirement you have to drive a fully warmed engine (oil temp over 80C) for 15-20 minutes straight. If your tank was already full when FORM started then you have to burn out 5 gallons and then add that back in. That’s why I don’t recommend you keep your tank full if you normally only drive in EV mode. That way when FORM starts, you can put some gas into your tank to get rid of FORM quickly.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I bet oil part of FORM is to protect the engine if you decide to floor it. My ICE goes high revs right away! A couple of months of no oil pressure might leave the camshafts dry.
Not directly. The oil as specified for this engine keeps parts thinly coated for a long time. And this engine has a variable pressure oil pump. When it starts cold it provides oil at higher pressure (75psi) to rapidly coat the engine components. After a couple seconds oil pressure returns to 30psi.

But FORM does protect the engine by preventing stale fuel, and preventing excess oil dilution by moisture and blown-by hydrocarbons. There is also a time based spark plug metric the computer is tracking, but I don’t specifically know what the details of that are.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Only 36 mls electric a a day. Gas in the tank what the dealer put in. April 28 2022
Yes that’s your problem. You manual explains what FORM is all about. Basically you need to drive enough that you can put 4-5 gallons back into the fuel tank. This is to prevent problems with stale fuel or differences in seasonal fuel blends. In the future I’d recommend you keep your fuel tank low unless you know you’re driving long distance. That way when FORM starts you can add 4-5 gallons to the tank right away to get rid of it. See the Hybrid Supplement for more info on FORM mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes that’s your problem. You manual explains what FORM is all about. Basically you need to drive enough that you can put 4-5 gallons back into the fuel tank. This is to prevent problems with stale fuel or differences in seasonal fuel blends. In the future I’d recommend you keep your fuel tank low unless you know you’re driving long distance. That way when FORM starts you can add 4-5 gallons to the tank right away to get rid of it. See the Hybrid Supplement for more info on FORM mode.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle Brilliant Black
84 Posts
Has anyone tried siphon out 5 gallons, start the car so it knows 5 gallons has gone by and then put 5 gallons back and see if it gets out of FORM? Just curious....

·
Registered
881 Posts
Has anyone tried siphon out 5 gallons, start the car so it knows 5 gallons has gone by and then put 5 gallons back and see if it gets out of FORM? Just curious....
I bet that would work. You’d probably have to take it out. Start the van. Shut it down. Put the fuel back in, and then restart it. It’s probably comparing fuel between starts to satisfy FORM or something like that.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,829 Posts
I bet that would work. You’d probably have to take it out. Start the van. Shut it down. Put the fuel back in, and then restart it. It’s probably comparing fuel between starts to satisfy FORM or something like that.
The system looks for fresh gas being put into the vehicle. You can try to cheat the system all you want, but don't complain when your vehicle starts acting up because of the stale fuel. The risk is yours to take.

Reactions: SKPacHy

·
Registered
881 Posts
The system looks for fresh gas being put into the vehicle. You can try to cheat the system all you want, but don't complain when your vehicle starts acting up because of the stale fuel. The risk is yours to take.
Ya I certainly don't endorse any of that. I endorse keeping your tank lowish until you need fuel or until FORM starts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2022 Pinnacle hybrid, I ran it in FORM for a week, filled it up with 9 gallon fuel last week and it went away. Now I have driven only 100 miles (all electric) and it came back again in just 4-5 days. Its annoying.

·
Registered
881 Posts
2022 Pinnacle hybrid, I ran it in FORM for a week, filled it up with 9 gallon fuel last week and it went away. Now I have driven only 100 miles (all electric) and it came back again in just 4-5 days. Its annoying.
That could be the difference between FORM for fuel and FORM for oil. During that week of FORM did you ever drive it long enough to get it fully warmed (oil temperature at least 80C) and then drive another 20 minutes or so at that oil temperature?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That could be the difference between FORM for fuel and FORM for oil. During that week of FORM did you ever drive it long enough to get it fully warmed (oil temperature at least 80C) and then drive another 20 minutes or so at that oil temperature?
Not 100% sure but I think I did drive it for 30-40 mins straight in hot weather (over 90) during that time.

·
Registered
881 Posts
So you’ve added fuel. Go for that drive on the highway for 20ish minutes after it’s warm (oil temp over 80C) and see if that fixes it.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts