2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry i have a few questions in other topic sections... just trying to clear things up before making the move to buy this thing..

the Touring - L Plus says it has FULL FLOOR CONSOLE

what is this referring to? i tried googling the interior of a Touring - L and i still see that middle console going all the way to the front...

this is one of the reasons we like this car, but we might be going for the Touring - L with upgardes in screen, and safety.. so i just wanted to make sure we are getting the middle console and if we are what does the FULL FLOOR Console mean?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
There's a super console on some models between the front seats that has a drawer that opens in the back and a sliding storage feature on the top. The regular console is great but doesn't have drawers that open/close.

·
Registered
325 Posts
There's a super console on some models between the front seats that has a drawer that opens in the back and a sliding storage feature on the top. The regular console is great but doesn't have drawers that open/close.
Of all the things I'm not happy with on my Touring-L is the console. I'd go buy one of those "super consoles" if I could. I'm guessing that they would be available as a replacement, any ideas as to cost or even where to find the Chrysler P/N?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'd go buy one of those "super consoles" if I could. I'm guessing that they would be available as a replacement, any ideas as to cost or even where to find the Chrysler P/Na?
Don - I've had mine out already to retrieve something dropped inside. If you find a new super floor console then two nuts and three small electrical connectors up front and two bolts on each side down low between seat and floor console (under a plastic panel) is all that is holding it in. Easy Peasy!

The three electrical connectors are:
1-USB power
2-12V power
3-Key FOB Receiver - You will likely need to transfer this little receiver from old console to new console but it just has two small screws holding it in place.

·
Registered
96 Posts
not sure if mine is a super console, it has cup holders that opens from the back? can u guys take a pic of this super console? thanks

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
not sure if mine is a super console, it has cup holders that opens from the back? can u guys take a pic of this super console? thanks
I don't know how many different Pacifica floor consoles they actually offer but I've seen 3

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't know how many different Pacifica floor consoles they actually offer but I've seen 3
The simplest one is one that I had on the loaner Touring, the second one is one that I have on our Touring-L, It's the "Super Console" that my heart desires since there is no closed storage in ours. I'm going to call the dealer and see if they can get me a super console. I can install it, unless they'll do it at no charge.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
The covered compartment in the super console is actually pretty small. I wish it was larger and had a USB port in it so you could have an iPod or flash drive hidden in there.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The covered compartment in the super console is actually pretty small. I wish it was larger and had a USB port in it so you could have an iPod or flash drive hidden in there.

Good project idea! Will need to bring it from the dash USB port if one wants to do more than just charge a device.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Good project idea! Will need to bring it from the dash USB port if one wants to do more than just charge a device.
Yeah, it would be a challenge, and you'd likely end up losing the USB port in the dash if you moved it. I wish Chrysler had just put a 2nd port in the storage compartment like they do in other models. My Cherokee has one in the dash like the Pacifica, but has another one in the covered center console. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah, it would be a challenge, and you'd likely end up losing the USB port in the dash if you moved it.

Agreed. If a two port USB hub worked at all we would likely be limited to a USB device in one place or the other but not both simo.

Alternatively, I'm thinking a USB extension cable with a 90 degree plug could come from the rear of the dash cubby hole next to the USB jack and just plug in (see thumbnail). It could be unplugged from time to time and coiled up in the cubby hole if something else needs to plug in that front jack. The other end goes into the floor super console top box as you suggested. This approach shouldn't have warranty issues.

Either way it needs to be "professionally dressed" and easily removed or tucked/hidden during trips to the shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
center consol

I wish that I still had the console in my 2013 town and country as it was set up for nice storage I can live with this but it is really worthless and really dont know there reason for them being there as there is very little storage in it.It woukd have been nice to be able to have it slighly higher so I could at least use it for a arm rest.Maybe about like having a tach in a car with automatic transmission just for looks I guess.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I wish that I still had the console in my 2013 town and country as it was set up for nice storage I can live with this but it is really worthless and really dont know there reason for them being there as there is very little storage in it.It woukd have been nice to be able to have it slighly higher so I could at least use it for a arm rest.Maybe about like having a tach in a car with automatic transmission just for looks I guess.
Totally agree, I thought our 2014 T&C had the best console we've every had, why couldn't they just keep making them that way across the board?

·
Registered
227 Posts
That is correct, that covered storage is pretty worthless, can't even put a sunglass case in there. Ours is empty right now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Agreed. If a two port USB hub worked at all we would likely be limited to a USB device in one place or the other but not both simo.

Alternatively, I'm thinking a USB extension cable with a 90 degree plug could come from the rear of the dash cubby hole next to the USB jack and just plug in (see thumbnail). It could be unplugged from time to time and coiled up in the cubby hole if something else needs to plug in that front jack. The other end goes into the floor super console top box as you suggested. This approach shouldn't have warranty issues.

Either way it needs to be "professionally dressed" and easily removed or tucked/hidden during trips to the shop.
much easier to add a cigarette lighter and connect it to a 12v source then plug in a usb cig lightr so you can have usb, this can be hidden under the seats

·
Registered
325 Posts
That is correct, that covered storage is pretty worthless, can't even put a sunglass case in there. Ours is empty right now.
Ah, thanks for that insight. I'll be sure to check out a Limited at the dealer to see a Super Console before I try to buy one to change out ours.

I'm still mystified why they couldn't keep the design from the T&C, two very large storage compartment plus four cup holders. I've always have been of the opinion that a engineer should be required to use the products that they design before the bring them to market, and engineers should never be allowed to write instruction manuals, they know too much about the product and tend to skip details that they think everyone else knows.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'll be sure to check out a Limited at the dealer to see a Super Console before I try to buy one to change out ours.

Don - does your console have the long sliding door in the back with optional cupholders inside? The manual doesn't do a very good job at showing these various console options.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Don - does your console have the long sliding door in the back with optional cupholders inside? The manual doesn't do a very good job at showing these various console options.
There's a sliding drawer in the rear with cupholders. They are not optional though. I'll take a photo with them extended. The holders probably are removable, but they're setting in a molded cavity as part of the drawer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
EZDays

What did you end up doing? Switching to the Super Console? If so, yourself or dealer? If you don't mind me asking, costs?

Thanks
Kyle

1 - 20 of 24 Posts