2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a rubber floor liner that goes the whole length of the van from back of front row seats to the back of the van when all the seats are folded ? Asking because this will be my work vehicle ( satellite sale and installation and I’ll be sliding my ladder and equipment in and out of it )

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a rubber floor liner that goes the whole length of the van from back of front row seats to the back of the van when all the seats are folded ? Asking because this will be my work vehicle ( satellite sale and installation and I’ll be sliding my ladder and equipment in and out of it )
Try the search feature. I'm sure there have been several posts regarding this.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Save you trouble of searching. Here is what I did.

Mostly we drive with all 2nd and 3rd row seats down (bikes, traveling, etc.). We wanted some cover to keep the interior clean. Being waterproof was not critical but it needed to be easily removable. I decided to visit my local carpet store to see what they might offer. Right on top was a product called Metrowall II by Shaw carpeting. It could be used as outdoor carpeting but they happened to use it to cover walls in a theater for sound management. It does not have a thick backing and is 1/4" thick.

I bought a 6'x12' piece for $50 and made a paper pattern and trimmed the carpet to fit. The good thing is that it is easily removable and folds into the back cargo well if the seats need to come up.

Right now covers the floor vents. I think I need to cut holes so they are not blocked.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome man you happen to have any pics?

Save you trouble of searching. Here is what I did.

Mostly we drive with all 2nd and 3rd row seats down (bikes, traveling, etc.). We wanted some cover to keep the interior clean. Being waterproof was not critical but it needed to be easily removable. I decided to visit my local carpet store to see what they might offer. Right on top was a product called Metrowall II by Shaw carpeting. It could be used as outdoor carpeting but they happened to use it to cover walls in a theater for sound management. It does not have a thick backing and is 1/4" thick.

I bought a 6'x12' piece for $50 and made a paper pattern and trimmed the carpet to fit. The good thing is that it is easily removable and folds into the back cargo well if the seats need to come up.

Right now covers the floor vents. I think I need to cut holes so they are not blocked.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m going to be building something so i can slide everything in and out without scratching everything but i really want a mat under it so that when i do need to haul all the kids on a long trip i can slide everything out and take the mats out and it will still look good

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I’m going to be building something so i can slide everything in and out without scratching everything but i really want a mat under it so that when i do need to haul all the kids on a long trip i can slide everything out and take the mats out and it will still look good
Thought you would like these posts. Didn't have time to find them earlier.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/209818-post4.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/393-interior/10897-best-rear-cargo-mat-6.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly what i was looking for thank you

Thought you would like these posts. Didn't have time to find them earlier.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/209818-post4.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/393-interior/10897-best-rear-cargo-mat-6.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you are sliding stuff in and out frequently, a mat may bunch up and become quite annoying. You might consider a sheet of plywood. Also, with a sheet of plywood, you can attach blocks of wood, brackets. etc. to help organize the contents and prevent items from shifting around.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m actually looking for a mat to put down in the floor so that when i build a false floor and compartments for everything it will sit on top of the liner and not on the actual carpet itself.

If you are sliding stuff in and out frequently, a mat may bunch up and become quite annoying. You might consider a sheet of plywood. Also, with a sheet of plywood, you can attach blocks of wood, brackets. etc. to help organize the contents and prevent items from shifting around.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Canvasback liner and I am very happy with it. It is not rubber but I purposely didn't want that because of the odor. This liner stays nicely in place secured by velcro strips. It can be ordered with cut outs for the floor vents and d-rings. The part that goes over the second row seats is a separate piece and it can easily be removed in the event I need the seats up. I am attaching a couple of pics.

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
I have the Canvasback liner and I am very happy with it. It is not rubber but I purposely didn't want that because of the odor. This liner stays nicely in place secured by velcro strips. It can be ordered with cut outs for the floor vents and d-rings. The part that goes over the second row seats is a separate piece and it can easily be removed in the event I need the seats up. I am attaching a couple of pics.

I bought the canvasback setup (same as yours) and was starting to install it last night when I saw that I have to apply adhesive velcro to the pacifica carpet for it to be installed (I knew I would have to stick velcro on plastic trim pieces). How long have you had the liner and is the velcro sticking well to the carpet, even with removing/replacing the 2nd row piece?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought the canvasback setup (same as yours) and was starting to install it last night when I saw that I have to apply adhesive velcro to the pacifica carpet for it to be installed (I knew I would have to stick velcro on plastic trim pieces). How long have you had the liner and is the velcro sticking well to the carpet, even with removing/replacing the 2nd row piece?
I have only had to remove that piece a couple of times. I made sure to hold the bottom part down before pulling the top part up and it worked OK. I can see how it might not hold up well if someone needs to take it off often, though. The other issue I had was with curing the adhesive since it was already very hot here in Houston with I installed it and, as you know, they recommend installing it under 80 deg weather. Everything is working well for my purpose now, but I very rarely will need the back row seats.

M

·
0 Posts
...but I very rarely will need the back row seats.
Dog people unite!

It's crazy how many people think you have to have a house full of kids to ever want to own a minivan. My kids are pretty much grown (one more to get into college), but just yesterday I answered yet another coworker who saw my new van and asked, "Why another minivan?"

My answer is simply that it has all the utility and versatility of a truck, while having the driving experience of a luxury sedan. I don't know why everyone wouldn't want a minivan!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pics i was looking at this option as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does that piece that hangs over the rear bumper come with it ? That would be awesome since I’m using my van as a work vehicle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does that piece that hangs over the rear bumper come with it ? That would be awesome since I’m using my van as a work vehicle.
You can purchase the liner with or without the bumper cover. It’s an attachment and it comes in different lengths. The one pictured is the 20”.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts