2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a $3,500 mile trip.
The gas mileage and trip odometer says I got 25.3 mpg (almost all freeway driving).

At times it would say after resetting the fuel computer. etc. it would say up to 27 mpg while enroute.
In town after I filled at home it would say I could go around 270 miles or so.
However, on the trip it started changing after all fill ups in the 400 to 450 mile and one time 500 miles to empty
But,The last fill up was 6.789 Gal. and only went 95 miles all freeway?
That is less than 14 MPG!
Regardless of what the computer says if I put in almost 7 gal after filling (and it was full) up only going 95 miles that's an issue.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The gas mileage and trip odometer says I got 25.3 mpg (almost all freeway driving).

At times it would say after resetting the fuel computer. etc. it would say up to 27 mpg while enroute.
However, on the trip it started changing after all fill ups in the 400 to 450 mile and one time 500 miles to empty
Regardless of what the computer says if I put in almost 7 gal after filling (and it was full) up only going 95 miles that's an issue.
You said it was, but any chance the prior fill-up wasn't actually completely full?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You said it was, but any chance the prior fill-up wasn't actually completely full?
This ^^^

14 mpg with your van is absurd, so assume an error. The pump automatic kick-off to signal full is very unreliable. I've had mine kick off when it still could take 5 more gallons.

The 25+ for a highway trip is about right.

·
Registered
477 Posts

In addition to what everyone else is saying, it looks like you’re posting in the wrong area of this forum. Your vehicle description seems to indicate you’re driving a standard Pacifica, not a hybrid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts