2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ours has a bit over 2000 miles on it and all of it around town. I'm showing 21.9 mpg, the only load has been a few bags of groceries. No more trips to Home Depot for sacks of cement or a van full of kids, those days are behind us now.:D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Display says 20.7 All stop-n-go so far. 2700 miles on ODO

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine says 19.3 all stop and go have 1800 miles on it.I do notice if I make all real short drives to car wash and quick food places it does go down to about 17 or so but than I drive across town it will go up a lot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you all.

Did all of you get the same mileage you are getting today when the van was brand new? I guess I am trying to understand if my mileage will also increase as I put on more miles.

·
Super Moderator
687 Posts
Hello All,
I purchased a Limited and have close to 900 miles on it. My wife uses it primarily to pick up and drop kids from school and for other activities i.e. 95% of driving is in the city.

We have been getting approx 15.5 mpg so far and wanted to check in with all of you to see what mileage you have been getting driving in town. I had filled a survey with Chrysler complaining about the low gas mileage and someone from MOPAR called me told me that gas mileage will increase after I put in approx 2000 miles on the van. Not sure if I agree.

Would love to get some thoughts on this.
Have you checked tires for proper inflation? That could be culprit. Sometimes it's missed in the Pre delivery inspection. A few psi low could make a few mpg difference. Also if your city drives are super short in stop and go that will reduce your mpg.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A contributing factor to less MPG is tire size. Going from 18" to 20" appears to cause about a 1.5 decrease in MPG. That might make MPG comparisons less valuable unless people include tire size. Of course, driving style makes a huge difference. So comparing MPG can become rather meaningless.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
A contributing factor to less MPG is tire size. Going from 18" to 20" appears to cause about a 1.5 decrease in MPG.
Where did you get that information? Why would the inside diameter of the tire make a difference in MPG if the outside circumference is the same?

·
Registered
172 Posts
It all depends on how you drive it if go to the drive up window at the bank and idle the van miledge is very bad so I usually shut it off and restart it or if I go to taco Bell and get stuck behind a lot of cars again I shut off and restart it as my mileage really goes down but all the cars I have owned have been like that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where did you get that information? Why would the inside diameter of the tire make a difference in MPG if the outside circumference is the same?

Car & Driver comparison test of tire sizes. I'm just passing on what I read, but it makes sense to me. People forget the added weight of a large rim and the larger frontal area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After 777 miles of driving I have averaged a disappointing 14.4. It is mostly suburban driving. You cannot go by the gas mileage readout because the manufacturer always sets them high. I have found that Chrysler vehicles usually read about 1 MPG more than actual measured and Toyota raises their readings by about 2MPG as I have had several. I stopped by my Chrysler dealer Chrysler and the adviser told me it can take up to 5,000 miles to get better mileage.This is the worst MPG I have gotten in many years.

·
Super Moderator
687 Posts
Averaging 14.7 mpg 95% city driving on 18s
Yeah about the same as well. We have very short stints in city driving and that just kills the gas mileage. Highway gas mileage is great. 32 mpg at 65 mph. We have 20's if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah about the same as well. We have very short stints in city driving and that just kills the gas mileage. Highway gas mileage is great. 32 mpg at 65 mph. We have 20's if that makes a difference.
Thanks, I was considering trying to upgrade to 20s...maybe i just need to spend more time on the highway...lol

·
Super Moderator
687 Posts
Thanks, I was considering trying to upgrade to 20s...maybe i just need to spend more time on the highway...lol
Lol. Yeah us too. Our longest drive in town is about 3 miles each way. Dang it convenient locations you're screwing with our gas mileage. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gas mileage

Our Pacifica is driven at 50 and interstate speeds 70 mph average 29.9 mpg, 1500rpm @ 70 mph, its the 9 speed trans. Downshifts on hills to 1800 rpm's. No complaints purchased May.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts