2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[email protected]#[email protected]#$!

I was driving back a 5 gallon tank of gasoline to fill my lawn mower in the cargo area. I guess i hit a turn or bump and the tank fell on it's side. The cap cracked and then proceeded to spill approximately 2 gallons of gasoline in the cargo area. I've managed to clean up most of the mess and am in the process of airing out the car with the help of a fan. My concern now is where the excess gasoline will go and what it may dissolve. There was a pool of it and by the time I could get a towel to it, most of it seemed gone. I'm not sure anyone would know but I guess I'm just looking for insight into what is under that cargo area, whether it's sealed and if there's a weep hole for liquid drainage.

I'd also wouldn't mind any life hacks for evaporating the gas quicker.

Please help.

·
Registered
330 Posts
By the time you read this, the gas has evaporated long ago.
Get some Fabreze and spray the area heavily with it to help with stink.

·
Registered
757 Posts
What a cautionary tale!
Gas in the passenger footwell is a better spot in the future.
Good luck. If the smell persists, there are folks that specialize in deodorizing and drying out. The carpet and padding back there might hold on to that smell for a long time.
A pillow case with a pound of ground coffee did a good job under the seat of Tacoma that had something terribly smelly embedded in it.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a match? J/K :wink2:
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the suggestions. Except you GoWFO, that was just wrong (hilarous, but wrong). It's been almost a month since the spill and it still stinks. I've been airing it out almost every day with a fan. I've also tried 4 boxes of baking soda and that's helped but still don't feel right taking the kids in it for extended periods. I guess I'll give the coffee a go now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also spilled gasoline in the rear cargo area. I poured a large bag of scented kitty litter and let it sit for the weekend. Vacuum and shampoo.
I also used a gasoline removal liquid called "Gas-Off", sold at Walmart. Comes in a red and black bottle.
Feel for you. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts