2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my last two cars I've been purchasing the Geico mechanical coverage breakdown insurance cost about $30 for 6 months with a 250 deductible however you have to buy it within 15 months and fifteen thousand miles of buying a new car so you will have duplicate coverage for a short time. it also includes towing and rental car coverage. And It can be renewed up to a hundred thousand miles and at least in Texas with no limitation on years.Of course it is not transferable to the next owner but for $60 a year I believe it's a deal hard to beat.

·
Registered
920 Posts
On my last two cars I've been purchasing the Geico mechanical coverage breakdown insurance cost about $30 for 6 months with a 250 deductible however you have to buy it within 15 months and fifteen thousand miles of buying a new car so you will have duplicate coverage for a short time. it also includes towing and rental car coverage. And It can be renewed up to a hundred thousand miles and at least in Texas with no limitation on years.Of course it is not transferable to the next owner but for $60 a year I believe it's a deal hard to beat.
Do the Chrysler dealerships accept this coverage? Has anybody ever used the coverage?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Includes all parts and systems not just the specific list of items covered by most de

https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance VS. Extended Warranty: It's No Contest
Why not just get an extended warranty, you wonder? You could—if you want to pay more for less protection. GEICO's MBI provides better coverage at a cheaper price than the typical dealer extended warranty. GEICO's MBI coverage:

Includes all parts and systems not just the specific list of items covered by most dealer warranties.
Saves you money, charging only a small premium per each policy period, instead of a large lump-sum payment up front.
Lets you get your car repaired wherever you like.

Frequently Asked Questions
(Click on a question below to reveal the answer)

Is it difficult to submit an MBI claim?
Can I take my car to a repair shop of my choice?
Yes, you may use the licensed repair shop of your choice, unless the repair is covered by a recall, voluntary repair program or the manufacturer's warranty. In those cases you would need to take your vehicle back to a dealer who services the specific make and model.

Dealer extended service contracts usually encourage you to have repairs made at the dealership where the vehicle was purchased. This could force you to return to a repair shop you don't care to use. GEICO MBI allows you to use any licensed repair shop. This could be especially important if you travel or move—MBI travels with you!

What happens if I breakdown while traveling?
How do I pay for MBI?
How can I learn more about GEICO's MBI coverage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts