2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I bought my 2019 Limited Pacifica with safety package in late May. Long story short, the vehicle has experienced several electrical issues. All the warning indicators come on, the RPM gauge and speedometer fail and all the safety features - including the ABS system and power steering become disabled. It was in the shop the first time for 5 days (this was in June at 20 days of ownership). The transmission control module was replaced at that time. The same issue occurred again in early August (60 days of ownership) and it is still sitting at the dealer waiting to be fixed. Today marks it's 27th day out of service.

I have made a claim with FCA and it has been escalated. GA law allows for me to request a buy back or replacement at 30 days, so I am wondering if anyone has gone through the process in GA or with the FCA southeast center. I am willing to hire a lawyer if need be, but I am hoping this is an easy process since there is no grey area once we hit 30 days. I have researched the law pretty well and understand my rights. I guess I'm asking if FCA was easy to work with during the process.

TIA
Heidi

·
Registered
935 Posts
FCA will not likely roll over on this. Have they provided a satisfactory loaner? (That would be another well equipped good condition minivan.) What is the excuse the dealer is giving for the 27 day wait? (The whole car can be rebuilt in 27 days!) I'm suspicious of this dealership.

There was a recall for the 2018's for a major ground wire issue that could cause the power steering to fail (it's electric, not hydraulic). Because of the interconnect of computer controls, sometimes a single point of failure can exhibit as multiple issues.

Most of us (vast majority) have experienced few or no problems, so your problem is rare. Did you request a buy back or replacement? Replacement request would be looked at more favorably.

Welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted with follow ups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Waldo.

My car was manufactured in April 2019 - which is after the Nov 2018 recall date and should have been manufactured with the ground wire fix. My car does not stall. All the codes are loss of communication with various parts, so nothing works, but the car doesn't stall.

Since I've owned my car less than 6 months, the dealer has provided loaners off their lot. I am currently driving a 2020 Pacifica. It's not a limited like mine, but it gets the job done. I am curious if I can drive it out of state for an upcoming trip - it only has a test drive tag on it.

Currently, I am told they are replacing the instrument panel and the dash (it had a bubble). I'm not sure why that is taking so long, but that has nothing to do with the Lemon Law. If it hits 30 days, then it has met the lemon law requirements in GA. So I'm not sure how FCA could fight that. As the owner, we have done everything we can - we have contacted corporate, we have made a claim, we have called the dealer and showed up there to check in person. I call nearly every day for an update. I am told the parts are in. I was told it would be done on Saturday. Now I'm told its still a work in progress.

We are on the fence about a replacement. I love the van. I really do. I want to feel safe though and not worry about reliability. I want the van to work. I want to feel safe. I'm just not sure what the right thing to do is. I do not like the Sienna (which is what I traded for the Pacifica) or the Odyssey nearly as much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heidi, I am in Georgia too and have similar situation with my 2018 pacifica hybrid electrical issues. Following closely. My vehicle has been in the shop now about 30 days and I am also looking into lemon law. My vehicle has stalled while driving and also refused to move or turn off in a parking garage. Both times I got ECM/PCM communication codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Vivia - We hit day 29 on Thursday and the FCA agent called us to say it might be ready next week and they were sending in a representative to the dealer to find out why it was taking so long. I asked to escalate the issue to the dispute department at that point, as it was the last day the vehicle could be returned before the lemon law requirements were met. On Friday, day 30, I got a call back from the FCA agent and she said my dispute was rejected - they didn't feel it met the requirements, but she had no other info.

I confirmed with my lawyer and with the state's consumer advocacy division, that in fact, we had met the requirements and we could proceed with a dispute. We received a call later that day that the car would be ready in the evening and Chrysler offered to reimburse us our last car payment for the trouble. I did not sign anything and confirmed that us taking the reimbursement did not prevent us from moving forward with a dispute if we chose.

We did get the car back on Friday evening with a new dash and instrument panel. It seems to be working just fine, but our problem is intermittent. While I am hopeful that this issue is resolved, I will not be surprised if it happens again - as 2 fixes for a loss of communication lead me to believe there is a short in the 150,000 feet of wiring harness in the car. If it happens again, we will move forward with the lemon law dispute. We love the van and are glad to have her back. I just hope she's really fixed this time.

I would love to hear what happens in your case if you get to day 30. How many repair attempts have you had? The GA consumer division is really helpful if you have questions. I've called several times and spoken with their lawyer. They can help you understand your rights before having to retain a lawyer if it comes to that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
HeidiPacifica
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing