2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm decided on a PacHy limited (S appearance, AST, sunroof), which means I've got no choice but to get a '20. My hard deadline for taking delivery is mid-December, preferably before.

My question is: will I do better waiting for the '20 PacHys to be delivered to lots before I purchase, or can I get a comparable deal on one I have a nearby dealer order from the factory? I feel like I might have more leverage on a vehicle that's already there than one that I order, but maybe one of you PacHy veterans can tell me otherwise.

The nearby dealer that has the highest rating on dealerrater.com seems to build in all the "price padding" options on vehicles they have on the lot (protective film, nitrogen in tires, wheel locks), so I assume if I order through them I can specifically indicate that the ONLY dealer add-on I'll be paying is the doc fee (which is capped here in IL) and save some money that way.

If it's a matter of a few hundred bucks, I'd rather have the peace of mind of knowing that I'll have the vehicle 8-10 weeks after ordering it. 2nd baby on the way within 3 weeks, so convenience carries a high premium, but if I can save a lot more by getting one off the lot, it may be worth the hassle.

Thanks very much for any insight!

·
Registered
256 Posts
It seems as though Chrysler is shipping ICE Pacificas here in Illinois. I suspect that you will have to order one to get what you want. Please let us know what you end up with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is doubtful that you will be able to walk into a dealership and buy exactly what you are looking for by the end of the year. If you order and can get Affiliate pricing there is about another $1k in there you may be able to get off through the dealer without any FCA rebates. I wouldn't expect any rebates for the hybrid trim, at least not on a '20 Limited in December 2019.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you want something custom, you're going to pay for it. Was that exact package widely available in your area in 2019 models? Then you've got a good chance at finding one in 2020. If not, you're better off ordering- and if you want a sweet deal you may have to accept more delay so the dealer can bundle it with a larger order of other vehicles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Posted over the in When Do We See 2020s thread, but will add here.

Went with an order today, everything I wanted minus the sunroof, which would've put me in danger of missing my delivery deadline of mid-December. Got about $1000 off invoice, not including and rebates available when delivery occurs. Should be over 3K off MSRP when all rebates factored in.

I got pretty much the same offer from the three dealerships in the area I visited, so relatively confident that I didn't leave much on the table. Got the Edmunds recommended value for my trade-in as well.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks for the input. Posted over the in When Do We See 2020s thread, but will add here.

Went with an order today, everything I wanted minus the sunroof, which would've put me in danger of missing my delivery deadline of mid-December. Got about $1000 off invoice, not including and rebates available when delivery occurs. Should be over 3K off MSRP when all rebates factored in.

I got pretty much the same offer from the three dealerships in the area I visited, so relatively confident that I didn't leave much on the table. Got the Edmunds recommended value for my trade-in as well.
Color?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Great color, congrats! We're twinsies, almost.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great color, congrats! We're twinsies, almost.
I saw that from your signature. The black on black on black on black was also quite tempting. Completely silences any typical minivan biases! In the end we went for the closest we could get to that while also having a bit of contrast.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Talk to Carl Wilhelm at Criswell Chrysler. When I bought my van from him in March, their pricing was 7% below invoice on vans in stock or custom orders. They’ve also done 8% below invoice, advertised here on the forums.

I actually flew out to Maryland to get the van from Carl.

At worst, you’ll have a written price quote to use as leverage with local dealers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the heads up, Mike. I communicated with Carl and he made me a great offer on the PacHy but couldn't match my local trade-in offer. Made the price difference not worth the trouble of buying all the way over in Maryland. He was super helpful and responsive, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
pleckerling
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing